Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

First impression of my new 16" Visu-Lite China Cymbal Trigger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First impression of my new 16" Visu-Lite China Cymbal Trigger

I got my Visu-lite china today and am very pleased so far. I ordered it in a 16" size not the standard 18" and am very happy, it fits well with my Roland v-cymbals. I have the green color and it looks realy sharp. This cymbal is hooked up to my SPD-11, which I use only as an MIDI trigger for my TD-10, and seems to be triggering fine. I had a PD-7 in that spot so I just plugged and played and am happy with the results. This is a china cymbal so I am hitting it pretty solid haven't tried to "twinkle" on it yet and really don't plan on ever hitting it that soft. I only had time to play a little but am happy so far. The China is a little loader than my v-cymbals but not that bad. My only complaint was that the rubber was pulling away a little an the ends but I have put clothes pins on it so hopefully the adhessive will set a little better and it will be fine. The China itselfs seems to be built solid the connecter and everything look to be real solid. I will let you know how it is after I get some more time on it. I believe I will be ordering a 10" cymbal to use as a splash when I get some extra cash. FIRST IMPRESSION VERY IMPRESSED!!

------------------
    Ted H.
    www.tocsinrocks.com
    Ted H.

I can't wait to snag one of these puppies up.

The guy at visulite told me they could get me a chokeable version of the China, did you get a chokeable version?

BINARY

Comment

No I did not want to spend the extra cash. I really don't think I will need to choke it. I use AUX 12 for a HH side tom, if I need to choke the china I will give the rim of AUX 12 and the china the same note number than I can choke it if I have to by grabbing the rim of AUX 12. The china triggers great for me I hope to put it through it paces this week. I still have not had a lot of time to play with it but I am still very happy. I cannot wait for some extra cash so I can get a 10" cymbal trigger for a splash, may get that one chokable. I am begining to wish I checked these out before I got Rolands, at least the crashes. I love Rolands ride.

------------------
      Ted H.
      www.tocsinrocks.com
      Ted H.

Comment

Just a passing thought I may get Aquarian cymbal springs for the china to give it a little more swing with less stress on the material just to be safe.

------------------
        Ted H.
        www.tocsinrocks.com
        Ted H.

Comment

Any pics???
          :rolleyes:

Comment

Originally posted by Jgel:
            Any pics???
            Robert

Comment

I got to play with it a while last night an am still VERY IMPRESSED. It tracks great, for me, I actual had to turn the trigger sensitivity down I think I went from 9 down to 4 on the SPD-11. The china I have is the darker green and it looks really cool. I WILL be getting another cymbal trigger from Visu-Lite maybe more than 1, I still have 3 inputs on my SPD-11 to fill up!!

------------------
              Ted H.
              www.tocsinrocks.com
              Ted H.

Comment

Stixx777,

Thanks for posting the review. I just ordered by Hart ride and Roland HH. After that I'll be picking up two Hart crashes and the Visu-Lite China. Can't wait!

------------------
                Reverend Poppy
                Reverend Poppy

Comment

I got to put my Visu-Lite china through its paces this weekend and it worked flawlessly. I used it to do a worship set at church then later that day played a concert with my Hard Rock band at the same location. During the worship set I changed the sound to a crash. The trigger seemed loud when I struck it deffinately louder than Rolands but not that bad. If I were to use this kit a lot for worship I would up the sensitivty so I would not have to strike it so hard. When I played with the band I did not notice the strike noise because of all the apms. Someone else used the kit for a set of mellow rock and I did not notice the stick noise from the audience. My opinion of the Visu-lite China is still the same, a great trigger with a great feel. If I was only using this for church I probably would not be as happy, the striking noise is a little loader sort of a PD-5 or Octopad 2 hit. I might try adding another layer of rubber and see if I can get the striking noise lower with out losing sensitivity. With this being a china I am really whacking it so the extra layer should be OK.

------------------
                  Ted H.
                  www.tocsinrocks.com
                  Ted H.

Comment

Isn't Stixx the mythological river that runs through hell?
                    Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

NO StYx is the mythological river that runs through hell. Just want to set the record straight.

------------------
                      Ted H.
                      www.tocsinrocks.com
                      Ted H.

Comment

domo....DOMO

------------------
                        td 8,
                        pintech pads,gibraltor rack roland kc-500
                        mackie srs-1500, yamaha maple customs, remo jazz kit, buttloads of cymbals
                        The original Gig Pig.

Comment

Is there a WWW adres for those VisulLite
                          china's?
                          They look beautiful... but can you buy them in Europe?

Comment

Originally posted by Sjoerd:
                            Is there a WWW adres for those VisulLite
                            china's?
                            They look beautiful... but can you buy them in Europe?
                            http://www.visu-lite.com

Comment

Working...
                            X