Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First impression of my new 16" Visu-Lite China Cymbal Trigger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First impression of my new 16" Visu-Lite China Cymbal Trigger

I got my Visu-lite china today and am very pleased so far. I ordered it in a 16" size not the standard 18" and am very happy, it fits well with my Roland v-cymbals. I have the green color and it looks realy sharp. This cymbal is hooked up to my SPD-11, which I use only as an MIDI trigger for my TD-10, and seems to be triggering fine. I had a PD-7 in that spot so I just plugged and played and am happy with the results. This is a china cymbal so I am hitting it pretty solid haven't tried to "twinkle" on it yet and really don't plan on ever hitting it that soft. I only had time to play a little but am happy so far. The China is a little loader than my v-cymbals but not that bad. My only complaint was that the rubber was pulling away a little an the ends but I have put clothes pins on it so hopefully the adhessive will set a little better and it will be fine. The China itselfs seems to be built solid the connecter and everything look to be real solid. I will let you know how it is after I get some more time on it. I believe I will be ordering a 10" cymbal to use as a splash when I get some extra cash. FIRST IMPRESSION VERY IMPRESSED!!

------------------
    Ted H.
    www.tocsinrocks.com
    Ted H.

I can't wait to snag one of these puppies up.

The guy at visulite told me they could get me a chokeable version of the China, did you get a chokeable version?

BINARY

Comment

No I did not want to spend the extra cash. I really don't think I will need to choke it. I use AUX 12 for a HH side tom, if I need to choke the china I will give the rim of AUX 12 and the china the same note number than I can choke it if I have to by grabbing the rim of AUX 12. The china triggers great for me I hope to put it through it paces this week. I still have not had a lot of time to play with it but I am still very happy. I cannot wait for some extra cash so I can get a 10" cymbal trigger for a splash, may get that one chokable. I am begining to wish I checked these out before I got Rolands, at least the crashes. I love Rolands ride.

------------------
      Ted H.
      www.tocsinrocks.com
      Ted H.

Comment

Just a passing thought I may get Aquarian cymbal springs for the china to give it a little more swing with less stress on the material just to be safe.

------------------
        Ted H.
        www.tocsinrocks.com
        Ted H.

Comment

Any pics???
          :rolleyes:

Comment

Originally posted by Jgel:
            Any pics???
            Robert

Comment

I got to play with it a while last night an am still VERY IMPRESSED. It tracks great, for me, I actual had to turn the trigger sensitivity down I think I went from 9 down to 4 on the SPD-11. The china I have is the darker green and it looks really cool. I WILL be getting another cymbal trigger from Visu-Lite maybe more than 1, I still have 3 inputs on my SPD-11 to fill up!!

------------------
              Ted H.
              www.tocsinrocks.com
              Ted H.

Comment

Stixx777,

Thanks for posting the review. I just ordered by Hart ride and Roland HH. After that I'll be picking up two Hart crashes and the Visu-Lite China. Can't wait!

------------------
                Reverend Poppy
                Reverend Poppy

Comment

I got to put my Visu-Lite china through its paces this weekend and it worked flawlessly. I used it to do a worship set at church then later that day played a concert with my Hard Rock band at the same location. During the worship set I changed the sound to a crash. The trigger seemed loud when I struck it deffinately louder than Rolands but not that bad. If I were to use this kit a lot for worship I would up the sensitivty so I would not have to strike it so hard. When I played with the band I did not notice the strike noise because of all the apms. Someone else used the kit for a set of mellow rock and I did not notice the stick noise from the audience. My opinion of the Visu-lite China is still the same, a great trigger with a great feel. If I was only using this for church I probably would not be as happy, the striking noise is a little loader sort of a PD-5 or Octopad 2 hit. I might try adding another layer of rubber and see if I can get the striking noise lower with out losing sensitivity. With this being a china I am really whacking it so the extra layer should be OK.

------------------
                  Ted H.
                  www.tocsinrocks.com
                  Ted H.

Comment

Isn't Stixx the mythological river that runs through hell?
                    Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

NO StYx is the mythological river that runs through hell. Just want to set the record straight.

------------------
                      Ted H.
                      www.tocsinrocks.com
                      Ted H.

Comment

domo....DOMO

------------------
                        td 8,
                        pintech pads,gibraltor rack roland kc-500
                        mackie srs-1500, yamaha maple customs, remo jazz kit, buttloads of cymbals
                        The original Gig Pig.

Comment

Is there a WWW adres for those VisulLite
                          china's?
                          They look beautiful... but can you buy them in Europe?

Comment

Originally posted by Sjoerd:
                            Is there a WWW adres for those VisulLite
                            china's?
                            They look beautiful... but can you buy them in Europe?
                            http://www.visu-lite.com

Comment

Working...
                            X