Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

THE NEXT STEP V-CYM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THE NEXT STEP V-CYM

I was thinking ,well kind of dreaming so maybe this should go in the "wishlist" but anyway. Wouldn't it be nice if roland came out with a dedicated cymbal module ,it kind of seems like the next logical step (wouldn't you say...) at least eight inputs with real sounds of scraps ,mallets, ect

------------------
    ~REDMAN~
    ~REDMAN~

If technicians could cover all playing techniques and cymbal sound variations... that would be great. Untill then I am happy with my Paiste bronze plates.
    Robert

Comment

I don't think that'll be the next 'logical' step. Actually I don't think that'll ever come. Lots of people don't want to buy multiple modules. I prefer everything in 1 module. Easy to control, etc.

I think/hope the next step will be a new module with more 'surface intelligence', so you can asign effects to places of a surface or pitch bends or whatever. Maybe new drums with multiple sensors in it, so you can detect exactly where you've hit (maybe with some kind of GPS technique).
      I also think the next module will have a lot more powerful processor so you have a lot more colour in your sound. I think with a new module and the v-cymbals you can already get a very realistic cymbal.

I think in the end COSM will definetely win from samples; you can build your own sounds instead of having real world limitations. And you can do lots of cool stuff with COSM that you can't do with samples.
      Manufacturors can design their drums on computer first, hear how they sound etc, and then build them. (and put the files on the internet so you can put them in your module )

And I think the new module will be better upgradeable with new firmwares and new sounds. And it'll have software on your computer with which you can edit every parameter of your sound.

I hope the TD-11 or 12 will be out soon and will be very cool... (and not too expensive )

Comment

Boom Theory is working on that very thing(cymbal module).

Comment

Not to create a pissing contest or anything, but I made this suggestion awhile back, on the TD12 thread in Wishlist. My post is 4th from the bottom on the first page of the thread.
          http://www.vdrums.com/discussion/For...ML/000009.html

I totally agree - and explain in my post - that cymbals should get their own module

Comment

You can take this one to the bank: separate Roland cymbal module? ain't gonna happen. The amount of drummers who would actually foot the bill for a separate module is not great enough to warrant it.
            "I'm not a guitarist, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!"

Comment

I'm with Harlock. Just add more inputs to the next one, and I'll be happy. How many working drummers do you see with only 3 cymbals? Some, but not many.

------------------
              Reverend Poppy
              Reverend Poppy

Comment

Working...
              X