Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Pintech TC Series Trigger Cymbals Chokable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pintech TC Series Trigger Cymbals Chokable?

They seem too inexpensive to be chokable, or even good for that matter. Any thoughts on them?

------------------
    Reverend Poppy
    Reverend Poppy

They're only single zone -> not chokeable, although you could do the choke function addition designed by..... (I forget who).

As far as use goes, they're OK but not great. Because they're quite light they tend to get blown around by my guitarist's stupdly loud guitar amp, so I have to put the threshold up to about 4 in practice. They swing like real cymbals and seem fairly sturdy.

I'm going to keep these cymbals for splashes/crashes, but eventually I want to get some V-Cymbal$ or perhaps Visu-lites (If I can find anywhere that sells them!) at least for HH & Ride.

But they are VERY cheap!!

Schmunk

------------------
    TD-8, Pintech pads, Pearl rack, PM-3, Behringer 802 mixer and DSP1400 UltraMizer
    TD-8, Pintech pads, Pearl rack, Mackie SRM-450, Behringer 802 mixer and DSP1400 UltraMizer, Electric Sticks.

Comment

Order the Visu-Lites right on-line. It is the best way not mention the cheapest. Here is the link www.visu-lite.com. I am very happy with my Visu-lite china.

------------------
      Ted H.
      www.tocsinrocks.com
      Ted H.

Comment

Has anyone done a side by side against the vcymbals?

------------------
        td 8,
        pintech pads,gibraltor rack roland kc-500
        mackie srs-1500, yamaha maple customs, remo jazz kit, buttloads of cymbals
        The original Gig Pig.

Comment

acidbran,

Give me a week and I'll do my best to post a comparison. It won't be a perfect test scenario, as I'll be using different brands for different things. Here's the system that's on it's way to me now:

1 HH = Roland
          1 Ride = Hart
          2 Crashes (12&14) = Hart
          1 China = Visu-lite

------------------
          Reverend Poppy
          Reverend Poppy

Comment

Well, actually....

I am using a TC10 with my ddrum4. It chokes. Here is why....

The TC cymbals use a "trigger box" mounted to the underside. The TC10 trigger box is located near the edge of the cymbal... The box is somewhat flexible in the sense that if you squeeze it, you can flex the bottom part of the box a tiny bit. Coincedentally the piezo is mounted to that bottom side which in turn absorbs some of the flex...

When using a ddrum4 complete kit, you would notice that the cymbal pads are single zone only...so how does Clavia accomplish it....by flexing the piezo... When the ddrum cymbals are choked, a small amount of pressure is applied to the piezo causing the module to choke the sound.

Accidentally the TC cymbal can accomplish the same thing... and it is cheap.

Using anything larger than a TC10 may not work as well because the box is located farther from the edge. It would be hard to grab it.

A Hart EcymbalII is built exactly the same way, so it theoretically should work too. I have one laying around somewhere...gotta give it a try...

Erik

Comment

I'm using the Pintech cymbals with Roland TD-8 and their not too terribly bad but not top of the line. If you want some inexpensive crashes/splashes...definitely get the Pintech cymbals.

------------------
              FJMAR99 --The original pimp!
              • Pearl RT kit w/ Pintech RS5 triggers
              • Roland TD8
              • Pintech TC cymbals
              FJMAR99 --The original pimp!

Comment

I did some more research and tok apart my TC10... I was wrong about one thing.. The trigger box does not flex the piezo... The piezo is direct connected to the cymbal and covered by the box... so what is actually happening is that the cymbal is flexing and in turn distorting the piezo.. Nonetheless it works great...

Erik

Comment

I just got some Pintech PC series dual zone 16" crashes to replace my Roland cy-8's and they are way more responsive than the Rolands, don't know how long they will last, but man they work well.

Comment

Get the Visulites! I love my 18" 3-zone Ride.

http://tinyurl.com/My-E-kit

Comment

Working...
                    X