Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

V-Case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Case

Has anyone bought the roland v-pro case and if so are you pleased with the product? Was it worth the money like the v-pro's are or is it ****ty?

http://www.vdrums.com/reviews/vcase.html

There is a review on this site of the case... I've been told that, as great as it is (ie: it protects the drums well) it might be overkill. Like, if you were touring, or the drums were going on a plane the case is great, but probably a little much for normal storage and cartage of yout v's

personally, I like a little overkill. I still plan to build my own case though. I can't see spending the kind of $$ Roland wants.

rus
    \oo/_ :mad: _\oo/

Comment

Yes, I purchased the Roland VPro Case.

I have been very please with, in fact so much so I made sure my new car (Saturn SW2) would fit around the case.

The rack bag is a pain due to the strap, but I've got it down to a system now. The pockets in the rack bag are very useful for storing my gig mat (3'x5') and pedal board (piece of plywood with notches cut out to keep the pedals from moving around).

I also use two old hard case Samsonite suitcases for all my odds and ends.

It's been a great piece of mind knowing my V's are safe when lugging them around. So far I haven't had to carry the case up but a few stairs, it rolls really easily everywhere else. IMHO - worth the extra investment.
      Driving a great song is better than driving a great car!!

http://mysite.verizon.net/landin82/

Comment

I've had the case and bag for about 2 years now. Ditched the rack so I don't use the bag. I think the case is great, but then I have a case for everything. I think its an obsession. The bag is great too. To bad it won't work with my Gibralter rack. I do recommend the case. It's easy to pack, and it is pretty easy to get it up and down stairs.

Comment

I have the Roland Travel Case, and it withstood a trip to tokyo and back.. with a stop over in idaho... no problem

it typically will cost you about $100 domestic for a loaded case to be checked... on the way home from japan.. they him me with like $260... damn... from what i gather.. the people at the check in desk have a lot of latitude on how much you get charged... i was chatting with the airline check in person and mentioned how brutal it was coming from tokyo and she managed to get the price down for me... to like $50 or $75...

just a little 411

i love the case

pete

------------------

Comment

I have had one for a couple years now and have been very happy with it. Its easy to move with the wheels and the retractable handle.
            Its worth the money in my opinion.

Zigs

Comment

Yo! Greetings ADD! I am setting here at the Madison Conccourse Hotel searching what's new on Vdrum.com and saw your post. I am finishing up a class at the University tomorrow morning and will be heading back to Central Illinois.

I am still waiting on my V-Session Kit that was ordered two weeks ago. I hope to get it in the next week or two.

Anyway, I plan to purchase the V-Case shortly even thought I know I can't get all my drums in it. I'll figure something out when the drums get here. I just can't imagine spending the BIG bucks for the kit and not protecting it as much as possible. And from reading the responces, sounds like it will hold up well and is worth the dough.

For your info., the last time I checked Wholesalemusic.com had the case for $399 which was the lowest I could find anywhere. I had to get and email price from them.

Later!

[This message has been edited by fredinator (edited June 07, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by fredinator (edited June 07, 2001).]
              Start Young, Play Hard, Rock On!!!

Comment

Does anyone have the Roland V-Case with a V-Session kit? I am interested in how it all fits in. What goes into the slots for the PD pad cymbals when you have the V-Cymbals and such. I'm just trying to get a feel for how a V-Session kit will fit.

I know the V-Cymbals will not fit in the case so am I wasting my money here?

A picture of the interior would be GREAT!

Thanks.
                Start Young, Play Hard, Rock On!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rus
                  http://www.vdrums.com/reviews/vcase.html

There is a review on this site of the case... I've been told that, as great as it is (ie: it protects the drums well) it might be overkill. Like, if you were touring, or the drums were going on a plane the case is great, but probably a little much for normal storage and cartage of yout v's

personally, I like a little overkill. I still plan to build my own case though. I can't see spending the kind of $$ Roland wants.

rus
                  This case would be ideal for me since I do want to put my Vdrums on a plane sometime Any idea what this model is called - I didnt see it on the SKB website.
                  Yamaha Tour Custom 7-piece drumkit, Roland TD-30 K V-Pro, Presonus Project, Roland SPD-30, Mac Mini, M-Audio Keystation, Logic Express 9.0, Superior Drummer, Native Instruments

http://www.darwhine.com

Comment

Working...
                  X