Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Visu-Lite Studio Series Cymbals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visu-Lite Studio Series Cymbals?

Has anyone tried or own the Visu-Lite Studio Series cymbals? They're less expensive than the acrylics and appear to offer the same performance.

Thanks.

I've heard they are a much thinner material and more comparable to the Pintech TC series. I wouldn't recommend them myself. The acrylics are excellent, heavy, and durable. I would wait to check the new cy-6(?) Rolands before I bought anything right now in those price ranges if mainly for the swing(movement) factor. If they turn out to be of the usual Roland quality I feel the aftermarket companies are going to have to come up with a comparable movement mechanism to stay in competition.

Comment

I asked the same question. Here's the response I got, direct from the company:

the Studio Series is a lower quality version basically for beginners or maybe studio's that don't really care about the quality. In the end, the regular Visu-Lite line is the professional and higher grade that will last as well as look good.
      The Visu-lites are only about 70 bucks, and look pretty cool also. I've wanted to get some for a while now, buty haven't. Someday....

BINARY

Comment

While we are on the subject,some of you guys mentioned about black cymbals.I talked to Paul at hart about this.He said that they could do black.If you had the v-cymbals and wanted to add another black one,it might be cool,or ,as an alternative.I've used mine for 6 mo. now and am very happy with them.they're not black,but the same type. www.hartdynamics.com

And the cymbals are e-cymbal 2's.

I have noticed on the visu-lites that they have a china type,does anybody have these?I wondered how they held up and how well they worked.

Comment

I will be getting a Visu-Lite china this week or next I will report on the product. If I like it I will be ordering a 10 splash.

------------------
          Ted H.
          www.tocsinrocks.com
          Ted H.

Comment

Stixx777,

YES! Please do post your comments. The China is the one I want too, but I'm a little hesitant.

------------------
            Reverend Poppy
            Reverend Poppy

Comment

I have the Visulite ride with the bell. It is a great cymbal, I love playing it. I am going to replace all my cymbal pads when I get the bucks. I might even go for the high hat.

Comment

I have the Visulite ride with the bell. It is a great cymbal, I love playing it. I am going to replace all my cymbal pads when I get the bucks. I might even go for the high hat.

Comment

I got my Visu-lite china today and am very pleased so far. I ordered it in a 16" size not the standard 18" and am very happy, it fits well with my Roland v-cymbals. I have the green color and it looks realy sharp. This cymbal is hooked up to my SPD-11, which I use only as an MIDI trigger for my TD-10, and seems to be triggering fine. I had a PD-7 in that spot so I just plugged and played and am happy with the results. This is a china cymbal so I am hitting it pretty solid haven't tried to "twinkle" on it yet and really don't plan on ever hitting it that soft. I only had time to play a little but am happy so far. The China is a little loader than my v-cymbals but not that bad. My only complaint was that the rubber was pulling away a little an the ends but I have put clothes pins on it so hopefully the adhessive will set a little better and it will be fine. The China itselfs seems to be built solid the connecter and everything look to be real solid. I will let you know how it is after I get some more time on it. I believe I will be ordering a 10" cymbal to use as a splash when I get some extra cash. FIRST IMPRESSION VERY IMPRESSED!!

------------------
                  Ted H.
                  www.tocsinrocks.com
                  Ted H.

Comment

stixx, I just recvd. my new 18" visulite ride in opaque black, to match the v-cymbals that are on the way. I am waiting on the td-8 and v-pads also. so I can't say anything other than it looks and feels great!

Comment

Working...
                    X