Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Piecing together new kit...almost there

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Piecing together new kit...almost there

Thanks for everyone's great help and advice...I just ordered the Gibraltar Curved Rack w/2 cymbal booms from musiciansfriend and found GREAT prices for the TD-8 at music123.com and BPMMusic.com; anyone needing a td-8 go there!!! I'm going to go with the new roland CY-6 cymbals for crashes and Hart EcymblII Ride ; pd-120's and pd-100. The only component i'm still not sure about is the HH. Is the New Roland HH with the roland controller a better way to go than the Hart EcymbalII with the Hart Controller? Or the Roland HH cymbal with the Hart Controller? Anyone that has experience playing these units with the TD8 please chime in here

Sounds like a great set-up in the making! Dunno about the hihats, but don't forget another critical add-on: The Yamapa BP-80 dual-trigger stick. Plugs in perfectly to the 11/12 jack on the TD-8, and it'll handle all of your percussion sound needs nicely! $^) (woodblocks/cowbells/maracas/tambourines/etc.)

Comment

What is the BP-80 Dual Trigger Stick, where can I find it?

Comment

thanks for the yamaha hint. I am planning on using all of the inputs in some way or another. I played the Roland HH last week and it's nice, but I have read alot of great posts from users of the Hart Ecymbals with their HH foot pedal. I plan on playing alot of styles /music that needds a responsive/accurate opening/closing HH like fusion players or Gadd-like SteelyDan material..I wasn't too crazy for the Roland HH controller, heard the Hart was better but can't find one to try out!!!

Comment

I agree with drmoze, I picked up a BP80 about three months ago to use with my td10 and it works great. They have them at Musicians friend for $119.00. I did not hunt around a whole lot; so you may be able to find it for cheaper. It also comes with a mounting arm thats real versatile I think.
          Zigs

[http://www.musiciansfriend.com/ex/shop/home/010602062135064012106042854318?pid=701404]

that link probably doesnt work. I have to figure out how to do that.

Comment

Or how about a Pintech Dingbat? Similar idea, but a lot, lot cheaper (about $35). Don't know if it's dual trigger, but for $120 you could buy 2 and 2 clamps to hold them on and stil have change. They also do the Nimrod, a smaller version, for $30 or so.
            http://www.edrums.com/auxpads.htm

Schmunk

TD-8, Pintech pads, Pearl rack, Mackie SRM-450, Behringer 802 mixer and DSP1400 UltraMizer, Electric Sticks.

Comment

The prices on the above message are from MusiciansFriend, not the MSRP as shown on the Pintech site.

Sorry if that causes any confusion

Schmunk
              TD-8, Pintech pads, Pearl rack, Mackie SRM-450, Behringer 802 mixer and DSP1400 UltraMizer, Electric Sticks.

Comment

Working...
              X