Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

ACUSTIC CYMBALS WITH EDRUMS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACUSTIC CYMBALS WITH EDRUMS

I HAVE BOTH WORLDS ACUSTIC AND EDRUMS. MY QUESTION IS THIS WHAT IS YOUR OPINION WITH ACUSTIC CYMBALS MIXED WITH YOUR EDRUMS.

I have always used edrums and acoustic crash cymbals and never had an issue or problem with it. I like the look, feel and sound of the accoustic cymbals. I still practice with the electric cymbals when I need to be quiet, but otherwise it is always the acoustics. However I do use the electric ride and hi hat. The sound I get from these two triggers, especially the ride, are IMHO superior to my acoustics. There were some posts similar to this where someone was concerned about the sounds mixing together, but I have had no problem whatsoever. As I stated above I mix my cymbals: acoustic crashes and electric ride and hi hat and an occassional electric splach or china. I think you just need to get your sound up to a volume equal to your cymbals and then its fine. I love the set up I currently use. I use it live and I, my bandmates and soundman think its great.
    good luck,
    Rob

Comment

DO YOU HAVE A PICTURE OF YOU SET UP??????

Comment

Originally posted by jonathanstewart:
        DO YOU HAVE A PICTURE OF YOU SET UP??????
        DUDE!!! Don't shout, we may be drummers but we're not deaf yet!
        Please, lay off the caps lock.

Stu
        "Fry that sound effect, Moriarty, we're having it for breakfast"

Comment

Yeah I do have a picture but how in the heck do you post them to this board. I dont have a website with a URL or anything like that. I know some people can just put them right into the body of their reply, but I'm not sure how its done.
          Rob

Comment

Acoustic cymbals with e-drums work fine. Unfortunately still not all playing techniques and sound variations can be aplied on digital drums. Hence real cymbals still win. No problems with crosstalk or what so ever.

I like the idea of having an electric ride also. Just as a second ride for having a jazz sound next to my Paiste heavy, never said I was modest monster.
            Robert

Comment

Resurrecting this thread for an additional question ...

Going from years of acoustic playing, how many of you found it awkward to hit an acoustic crash without that acoustic bass thump (and feel) playing through? What's the "stage sound" like when you've mixed acoustic crashes into your electronic mix? Any troubles with other band members getting reacquainted with that arrangement on stage without having a monster monitor mix? (Big acoustic crash and no kick from the usual acoustic bass drum.) Hmm, and what about from an audience perspective? -- Does the hybrid drumset sound complete or disjointed because of the acoustic / electronic mix???

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X