Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Any suggestions for a killer double pedal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any suggestions for a killer double pedal?

I've got a v-session on the way and I still haven't picked a pedal. Any suggestions for a double pedal that works best with the KD-120. Thanks for the input
    V-Session

Any one of the following:

Tama Iron Cobra (strap)
    Pearl Eliminator (strap and interchangeable cams)
    Premier EDP 300 (elastomer springs, my personal preference)
    and
    DW Delta II Accelerator or Turbo models, if you prefer chain drives, there's a strap model available too.

I personally prefer the feel of a non-chain drive pedal, it's smoother IMO, but your mileage may vary. Best just take your KD-120 down to your nearest store, check out their inventory and pick whichever one feels best to you.

Stu
    "Fry that sound effect, Moriarty, we're having it for breakfast"

Comment

Originally posted by scratchcat:
      I've got a v-session on the way and I still haven't picked a pedal. Any suggestions for a double pedal that works best with the KD-120. Thanks for the input
      I have a Iron Cobra Double Pedal (Dual Chain Drive) and love it! That's on an acoustic set though. I'm still debating on V-Session Set. Where did you purchase yours? Price? Best price I can find is $4,999.

Start Young, Play Hard, Rock On!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mcconaghy:
        Pearl Eliminator
        Mine broke last week. In general I'm very happy with its performance, but was kinda shocked that it broke after only 5 months of playing! It won't be difficult to repair though.

Rob

Comment

DW7002PX... Great stuff for the $$.

Erik

Comment

Originally posted by Pleiadian:
            Mine broke last week. In general I'm very happy with its performance, but was kinda shocked that it broke after only 5 months of playing! It won't be difficult to repair though.

Rob

Pearl's had some problems with breakage on the first generation of Eliminators, but I've heard of cases where Pearl will waive the repair costs, and in some cases upgraded the pedal to the new specs free of charge, at least here in the States. What exactly broke, and what kind of pedal do you have, chain or strap?

Stu

Comment

Stu,

I have the chain version.

The chain is screwed to the "foot-rest" with a piece of metal (I don't know what the correct jargon is, English is not my first language). It is this connection that gave up. And I don't even play very loud, ummm... for a drummer that is

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Pleiadian:
                Stu,

I have the chain version.

The chain is screwed to the "foot-rest" with a piece of metal (I don't know what the correct jargon is, English is not my first language). It is this connection that gave up. And I don't even play very loud, ummm... for a drummer that is

Rob

Yep, that's the problem they've been having with the chain pedals, the linkage isn't the strongest. Pearl will probably repair it for free if they're anything as cool in Holland as they are over here.
                Pearl also had some problems with the first generation of straps on the Eliminator, they've since changed the strap to a much stronger one.

Stu

Comment

Hmmmm, hope my eliminator won't break too
                  Music was my first love...

Comment

Scratchcat and fredinator,

Use the Premier edp300 and find it VERY flexible/customizable. Tried other pedals and decided on this one due to the HUGE amount of customization possibilities to fit MY needs. The Tama is also good, though not as fully user adjustable for my desires. Bought the optional toe/footboard for the edp300 as they were necessary for my style.

fredinator, since you asked, got my V-Session from Musiciansbuy.com for $4,249 (also got my edp300 from them as well). Ask for Bob and please tell him hi from Steven/Enjoy the Music.com .

Enjoy the music,

Steven R. Rochlin http://www.EnjoyTheMusic.com

Enjoy the music,

Steven R. Rochlin
                    http://www.EnjoyTheMusic.com

Comment

Originally posted by MPCman:
                      Hmmmm, hope my eliminator won't break too
                      MPC,

I bought mine at Feedback Rotterdam. I'm going there next week. I'll let you know what the policy is.

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by fredinator:
                        I have a Iron Cobra Double Pedal (Dual Chain Drive) and love it! That's on an acoustic set though. I'm still debating on V-Session Set. Where did you purchase yours? Price? Best price I can find is $4,999.

Check out my topic "Best price on v-session" from a couple days ago. $3,989
                        V-Session

Comment

AXIS is the best.

If you play a lot of double-kick, get an AXIS.

BINARY

Comment

I wonder if they're using shady pricing tactics like Amazon.com was.

Anyone else hear about this? Charging differently based on which browser you're using...?

http://www.macworld.com/2001/03/opinion/desktop.html

BINARY

Comment

If you can, check out the Tama Iron Cobra Jr. double pedal. I love mine. It costs about the same as the 7002px, but in my opinion is quite a bit tougher.

Comment

Working...
                              X