Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TDW-1 W V-CYMBAL CONTROLL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TDW-1 W V-CYMBAL CONTROLL

I have the V Drum module and added the TDW_1 upgrade a few months ago. Is there a new upgrade chip w/V-Cymbal controll as well that I have to buy or will mine do the triple zone on the ride cymbal. Help!

Okay, does anyone know what the OS version is on the new tdw-1? I do not have the v-cymbal control yet.

My exp-board OS is Ver.2.11 00/04/09.

Someone with the new v-cymbal OS let us know what version you have please. To find your version hold the down cursor while powering up.

I have a feeling this will be a common question from now on.

Comment

BtnkBndt,

Have the new V-Session set here as it JUST arrived last week. How do i acess the version number (key/button strokes)?

Enjoy the music,

Steven R. Rochlin http://www.EnjoyTheMusic.com

Enjoy the music,

Steven R. Rochlin
      http://www.EnjoyTheMusic.com

Comment

Talked to Roland. They will upgrade the TDW-1 chip and add the w/V Cymbal controll for no charge. Just send it in and they repair it and send it back. I am fed xing it both ways at my cost since I need it back ASAP.
        Rico

Comment

Originally posted by Rico1:
          I have the V Drum module and added the TDW_1 upgrade a few months ago. Is there a new upgrade chip w/V-Cymbal controll as well that I have to buy or will mine do the triple zone on the ride cymbal. Help!
          You only need the cymbal upgrade if you have the v-cymbals.

Comment

Originally posted by Enjoy the Music.com:
            BtnkBndt,

Have the new V-Session set here as it JUST arrived last week. How do i acess the version number (key/button strokes)?
            Hey Steven,

Try holding down the down curser button while you turn the unit on. This will take you to the correct screen.

Comment

I was told by Roland, and every article I have read that even if you donot have the V cymbals that the sensitivity and the feel has been improved on the new chip whether you are using the pads or the V-Cymbals.
              Rico

Comment

How long is this upgrade ROM flashing or whatever actually taking?

------------------
                \oo/_ _\oo/

[This message has been edited by rus (edited April 26, 2001).]
                \oo/_ :mad: _\oo/

Comment

I sent my 2 TDW-1 cards in to Roland yesterday (Wednesday) for the V-cymbal support update. I sent mine UPS 2 day for $8 and was told by Roland there was a 48 hour turnaround. If you call them, they will give you a return authorization # and tell you the address, etc. to send it to. I've only got the ride and 1 crash so far. My hi-hat and 3 more crash cymbals are still on backorder.

Comment

Hey Husker

2 TD10's, V-ride, V-hats and FOUR V-crashes . . . and god only knows how many toms!!!

Can you post us a pic or two when you're fully set up . . . this isn't you is it Marc.
                    Andy
                    TD-20, Pair of JBL-Eon15 G2's & Sub

Check out the demo tracks to hear my V's at

http://www.thebrokenangelband.co.uk/

Comment

Naw - I can't quite compete with Marc's kit but that's probably where I got the inspiration! Thanks Marc.
                      I've got 2 TD-10's, 3 PD-120's, 7 PD-100's, 2 KD-120's, only 1 FD-7 hihat and in the process of selling off about 8 PD-9's to make room for the V-cymbals. A few of the guys have seen some pics and I'll send you an older pic to your e-mail. And yes, I will post a pic once I get everything complete. Can't have any wasted inputs ya know. Now if I could just learn to play these things

Comment

Hey husker,send me a pic too!

Comment

BtnkBndt - Just got my TDW-1 cards back from Roland yesterday with the v-cymbal support update. FYI - OS is Ver. 2.5 12/18/00
                          I sent the cards to them 2 day air but they were returned UPS ground so took 13 days total from the time I sent until they were returned. Hihat v-cymbal and 2 crash v-cymbals to be delivered tomorrow. Only 1 more crash still back ordered ... getting closer to having this baby complete.

[This message has been edited by Husker (edited May 08, 2001).]

Comment

BtnkBndt,

>>>Try holding down the down curser button while you turn the unit on. This will take you to the correct screen.<<<

Held one dopwn, no luck. Did it with all four, no luck. Please clarify as i want to help.

Enjoy the music,

Steven R. Rochlin http://ww.EnjoyTheMusic.com
                            Enjoy the music,

Steven R. Rochlin
                            http://www.EnjoyTheMusic.com

Comment

Thanks Husker.
                              THIRTEEN DAYS!!! That really s*cks.

Steven, are you holding the down curser until the proper screen is loaded? Don't let off until the OS screen appears.

Comment

Working...
                              X