Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

TDW-1 W V-CYMBAL CONTROLL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TDW-1 W V-CYMBAL CONTROLL

I have the V Drum module and added the TDW_1 upgrade a few months ago. Is there a new upgrade chip w/V-Cymbal controll as well that I have to buy or will mine do the triple zone on the ride cymbal. Help!

Okay, does anyone know what the OS version is on the new tdw-1? I do not have the v-cymbal control yet.

My exp-board OS is Ver.2.11 00/04/09.

Someone with the new v-cymbal OS let us know what version you have please. To find your version hold the down cursor while powering up.

I have a feeling this will be a common question from now on.

Comment

BtnkBndt,

Have the new V-Session set here as it JUST arrived last week. How do i acess the version number (key/button strokes)?

Enjoy the music,

Steven R. Rochlin http://www.EnjoyTheMusic.com

Enjoy the music,

Steven R. Rochlin
      http://www.EnjoyTheMusic.com

Comment

Talked to Roland. They will upgrade the TDW-1 chip and add the w/V Cymbal controll for no charge. Just send it in and they repair it and send it back. I am fed xing it both ways at my cost since I need it back ASAP.
        Rico

Comment

Originally posted by Rico1:
          I have the V Drum module and added the TDW_1 upgrade a few months ago. Is there a new upgrade chip w/V-Cymbal controll as well that I have to buy or will mine do the triple zone on the ride cymbal. Help!
          You only need the cymbal upgrade if you have the v-cymbals.

Comment

Originally posted by Enjoy the Music.com:
            BtnkBndt,

Have the new V-Session set here as it JUST arrived last week. How do i acess the version number (key/button strokes)?
            Hey Steven,

Try holding down the down curser button while you turn the unit on. This will take you to the correct screen.

Comment

I was told by Roland, and every article I have read that even if you donot have the V cymbals that the sensitivity and the feel has been improved on the new chip whether you are using the pads or the V-Cymbals.
              Rico

Comment

How long is this upgrade ROM flashing or whatever actually taking?

------------------
                \oo/_ _\oo/

[This message has been edited by rus (edited April 26, 2001).]
                \oo/_ :mad: _\oo/

Comment

I sent my 2 TDW-1 cards in to Roland yesterday (Wednesday) for the V-cymbal support update. I sent mine UPS 2 day for $8 and was told by Roland there was a 48 hour turnaround. If you call them, they will give you a return authorization # and tell you the address, etc. to send it to. I've only got the ride and 1 crash so far. My hi-hat and 3 more crash cymbals are still on backorder.

Comment

Hey Husker

2 TD10's, V-ride, V-hats and FOUR V-crashes . . . and god only knows how many toms!!!

Can you post us a pic or two when you're fully set up . . . this isn't you is it Marc.
                    Andy
                    TD-20, Pair of JBL-Eon15 G2's & Sub

Check out the demo tracks to hear my V's at

http://www.thebrokenangelband.co.uk/

Comment

Naw - I can't quite compete with Marc's kit but that's probably where I got the inspiration! Thanks Marc.
                      I've got 2 TD-10's, 3 PD-120's, 7 PD-100's, 2 KD-120's, only 1 FD-7 hihat and in the process of selling off about 8 PD-9's to make room for the V-cymbals. A few of the guys have seen some pics and I'll send you an older pic to your e-mail. And yes, I will post a pic once I get everything complete. Can't have any wasted inputs ya know. Now if I could just learn to play these things

Comment

Hey husker,send me a pic too!

Comment

BtnkBndt - Just got my TDW-1 cards back from Roland yesterday with the v-cymbal support update. FYI - OS is Ver. 2.5 12/18/00
                          I sent the cards to them 2 day air but they were returned UPS ground so took 13 days total from the time I sent until they were returned. Hihat v-cymbal and 2 crash v-cymbals to be delivered tomorrow. Only 1 more crash still back ordered ... getting closer to having this baby complete.

[This message has been edited by Husker (edited May 08, 2001).]

Comment

BtnkBndt,

>>>Try holding down the down curser button while you turn the unit on. This will take you to the correct screen.<<<

Held one dopwn, no luck. Did it with all four, no luck. Please clarify as i want to help.

Enjoy the music,

Steven R. Rochlin http://ww.EnjoyTheMusic.com
                            Enjoy the music,

Steven R. Rochlin
                            http://www.EnjoyTheMusic.com

Comment

Thanks Husker.
                              THIRTEEN DAYS!!! That really s*cks.

Steven, are you holding the down curser until the proper screen is loaded? Don't let off until the OS screen appears.

Comment

Working...
                              X