Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Clamps on V-Concert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clamps on V-Concert

Feefer mentioned in his NAMM review that the clamps on the V-Concert were 'beefier' and also 'Hinged'.

Has anyone else seen them?

Are they a dramatic improvement? Obvioulsy they wont be as strong as the Gibby's of this world, but are they a marked improvement on the current roland plastic clamps?

Any comment would be useful (do they have a part number?)

Thanks in advance

Andy
    TD-20, Pair of JBL-Eon15 G2's & Sub

Check out the demo tracks to hear my V's at

http://www.thebrokenangelband.co.uk/

I've seen them, they seem stronger and better made, but I guess I'd still like something sturdier than plastic.

I'd really love to hook myself up with a nice Gibralter, but I think they're way overpriced.
    I mean, I don't consider myself a cheap person (especially with drum stuff), but aside from some clamps and a couple of chrome bars, what are these things that makes them cost so much?...?

BINARY

Comment

Cheers Binary

I'm in the process of negotiating with Roland to replace ALL my V-Custom clamps with their newer stronger ones (after 3 breakages)- I just wondered whether the new ones were much of an improvement.
      Andy
      TD-20, Pair of JBL-Eon15 G2's & Sub

Check out the demo tracks to hear my V's at

http://www.thebrokenangelband.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by BINARY:
        I mean, I don't consider myself a cheap person (especially with drum stuff), but aside from some clamps and a couple of chrome bars, what are these things that makes them cost so much?...?

BINARY
        A good idea?

------------------
        \oo/_ _\oo/

[This message has been edited by rus (edited April 20, 2001).]
        \oo/_ :mad: _\oo/

Comment

Originally posted by BINARY:
          I'd really love to hook myself up with a nice Gibralter, but I think they're way overpriced
          The way I look at it, dumping a few hundred beans on a good rack, clamps, booms, etc is a steal compared to the few hundred it costs for a single Roland mesh pad. Talk about overpricing. Also look at the difference in price between the Gibraltar rack and Roland's crappy excuse for a rack. The Roland costs about 50% more for the same configuration.
          Roland TD-20 v1.08, various v-drums and v-cymbals, Yamaha KP65's, Axis pedals, Gibraltar hardware, Mackie 1202/SRM450 (pre-china)

Comment

The Gibralatr hardware is made in Tiawan. The Roand rack is made in the U.S. of A. That is one reason for the price difference.
            As far as the pad price goes, it is a simple "supply and demand" equation.

Comment

Oz DrumR,

Just received the V-Session and they probably use the same rack... The clamps are indeed a very hard plastic, yet seem sturdy. No, not as good as Gilbralter, though very usable and probably durable in the long haul for all but those who tear down the entire rack every other day to tour (of course you could leave the clamps on when touring and just have the raodies carry the set away minus the pads. The clamps DO NOT have memory locks on the metal pad bars/holders so those would be needed for the truly touring musician(s) IMHO.

Anywho, yes, the plastic clamp is hinged on the bottom and uses a drum lug that seems to thread into a metal bar that is within the plastic's bottom. The top part uses a quite large handle (plastic) that had an imbedded metal lug and tightens into a metal nut within the other side of the clamp.

All is all seems very usable for all but those who will need to remove the clamps on a touring basis (again, the clamps could be left on while touring and only remove the pads).

Hope this helps.

Enjoy the music,

Steven R. Rochlin http://www.EnjoyTheMusic.com

Enjoy the music,

Steven R. Rochlin
              http://www.EnjoyTheMusic.com

Comment

Working...
              X