Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Need help choosing between TD10 and TD8 kit !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help choosing between TD10 and TD8 kit !!!

Hi all,
    I need to get a electronic drum kit to aurment my acoustic live.
    I need to find out once and for all the main differences between the TD10 and TD8 ( besides the prices ). The salesman told me that the TD8 is a newer version with better sounds than the TD10 without the expansion option BUT the TD8 already have most of the sounds of the expansion board already included onboard...is this true ??? Thanks

Yes it's true. The TD-8 has more sounds than the TD-10 even with the expansion board. The TD-8 also has a larger sequencer. However, if you like to tweak the sounds a bit more, want to have some effects and or the new cymbal pads with trigger functionallity then the TD-10 exp. is your way to go. But don't forget the price difference
    Robert

Comment

Originally posted by feefer:
      No, it is NOT true. The waveforms found on the TDW-1 card are very different from the TD-8, having been developed in association with Spectrasonics.

Perhaps the TD-8 sounds also were developped in association with Spectrasonics. Who knows...

But if you own both the td-8 and td-10 and state that the sounds are different, I believe you.
      Robert

Comment

Another consideration is the number of outputs you want. The td-8 has 4 and the td-10 has 8. I have the td-8 and it is fine for me but I wouldn't mind some more outs. IF you are looking for a module to use with your acoustic drums the td-8 will probably work just fine.

You should decide what you want out of the module. Acoustic sounds, percussion sounds, are you going to use the sequencer ect.? Once you figure out exacly what you want out of the module check out all the modules including the dm, ddrum, and buy the one that best meets your needs.

good luck

Kurt
        Kurt

Pearl drums converted with hart adc, roland kd7's, pd 120 for snare, various roland rubber pads, hart e cymbals and pads, td8, td6, 2 mackie srm450s and mackie sub. mackie sr 24-4 mixer........and always growing.

Comment

Working...
        X