Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

What a great day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a great day!

Seems at though today is my lucky day!

I arrive here at work, with a message to call Roland. I call them to find out that when I attended the Sydney V Drum Expo last week, I entered a draw, and I've won an SPD-6 . . .

Anyway, now I need to work out how best to utilise this with my V-Customs.

How are you using your SPD with your Vs? I'd guess that midi is the way to go and I'll use it for some percussion sounds, but just wondered how others are using them?

Today has been a good Monday - they are very few and far between . . . . . .

Andy
    TD-20, Pair of JBL-Eon15 G2's & Sub

Check out the demo tracks to hear my V's at

http://www.thebrokenangelband.co.uk/

Let me be the first to say WOOHOO! and CONGRATS! Free stuff rocks

Comment

Cheers Guys.

Thanks for your advice Harlock, this will be my first flirt with midi and so I'll need all the help and advicethat I can get. I had a little play last night, and whilst it has got some sound in there, I'll be using it to trigger sounds in my TD8. Fortunately I have a couple of FS-5U's that I have previously used for switching patches in the TD8 - they work fine with the SPD-6 so it looks as though I'm ready to run.

Tonight, I'm going to have a look at doing what you've suggested Harlock (I've printed out your post!). Just to check whether I understand you right . . . .

Currently, on any given patch I have Kick1, Snare(+rim), HH Ctrl, HH, Tom1, Tom2, Tom3, Crash1 and Ride - all of these will continue be triggered using my existing pads.

With the 6 pads on the SPD-6 (and the 2 foot switches) I will now be able to access the previously un-tapped Kick2, Tom1 Rim, Tom2 Rim, Tom 3 Rim, AUX and Crash 2 'voices' - these will have to be set from patch to patch in the TD8. So essentially the SPD will have given me (whilst not the same quality) 6 additional triggers? I assume that the 'note number assignment' is done in the TD8 - all that I remember reading was that the SPD-10 uses 'channel 10' . . . . .

Anyway hopefully I'll learn quick - I was going to get an extra PD7 and PD80 to give me access to more sounds, however whilst the SPD-6 might not be as responsive (?) or chokeable or have mesh heads, I might just hang fire and see what results I get.

Thanks again Harlock - I'll let you know how it goes.

Andy (Still smiling!)
      Andy

Comment

I was there when they drew the comp in the arvo.

Congratulations. So you live in the Hills district?

Comment

Yup - Sector7, I'm out at Castle Hill.

I didn't manage to hang around for the draw, I had a play on the new cymbals (not overly impressed) saw the handsonic demo (fantastic) and then the INXS guy.

Unfortunately I had to get off then. It sure was a surprise when I got the call on Monday.
          Where abouts in Sydney are you? Are you gigging with the V's?

Andy ([email protected])
          Andy

Comment

make that [email protected] - let me know what you're up to!

Andy
            Andy

Comment

Working...
            X