Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HART Pad question / discussion

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • HART Pad question / discussion

    Quick question.... I have been wanting to add 3 toms to my V-Pro Kit, to be used like Roto-toms. I was set to buy 3 PD-80's but didn't really like the price. I went to a local shop today and they had 2 different HART Acupads. I did a search, but didn't really find a ton of info. One Pad had a black mesh head and the other looked like it had a traditional head? The Black pads looked nice, but will the trigger well with the Vpro brain? Are these pad any good. They were $150.00 each, so I could save a ton of money here. Anyway, let me know...you guys are always great with this info. Also, what are prices like for these, and are there any links you can suggest for shopping around. Thanks again.
    :rolleyes:

  • #2
    Studio

    Comment


    • #3
      What issues would those be? I've been using Hart's Series X mesh-head pads with my TD-10 for well over a year with zero triggering issues. The only issues I have seen discussed on the site are with positional sensing on the Accusnare pad (which I personally have never experienced on mine), and with dual-zone operation on the Hart ride cymbal pad (which is easily worked around with a Y cable).

      If you have any information on how the Hart pads act up, I'd like to hear about it. I haven't been very active on this site since I got the studio completed, so I may have missed some discussion over the last 6 months or so. In any case, I have not encountered this yet...

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by sjg:
        What issues would those be? I've been using Hart's Series X mesh-head pads with my TD-10 for well over a year with zero triggering issues. The only issues I have seen discussed on the site are with positional sensing on the Accusnare pad (which I personally have never experienced on mine), and with dual-zone operation on the Hart ride cymbal pad (which is easily worked around with a Y cable).

        If you have any information on how the Hart pads act up, I'd like to hear about it. I haven't been very active on this site since I got the studio completed, so I may have missed some discussion over the last 6 months or so. In any case, I have not encountered this yet...
        Studio

        Comment


        • #5
          I have a non exp td-10 with hart padfs & e-cymbal 2's. I absolutely love them! very responsive,no triggering problems here. I highly recommend them. they are (in my opinon) the best bang for the $.

          good luck and happy drumming...or is that hunting?

          Comment


          • #6
            You certainly won't go wrong with the Hart pads. Anyone who is having trouble with them and the module they are using must not have it tweeked correctly. I would certainly go with the series X pads (black mesh) as well.

            You might also want to check out the Hart Multi-pad or the Roland SPD20

            Comment


            • #7
              OK thanks guys, you have been a great help so far, another question.....what is a good price for the black mesh pads, and where can I get them online. Any help again would be great. Thanks, again.
              :rolleyes:

              Comment


              • #8
                Try www.sepdrums.com

                ------------------
                szvook
                Studio

                Comment


                • #9
                  What is the difference between the Series X and the Series X PRO???
                  :rolleyes:

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Jgel:
                    What is the difference between the Series X and the Series X PRO???
                    Only the look.


                    ------------------
                    szvook
                    Studio

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Thanks very much for the response and clarification. I haven't talked to Hart in quite some time, so that explains that...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Jgel:
                        What is the difference between the Series X and the Series X PRO???
                        Actually, Series X designates the black mesh heads. They have 3 lines: studio, custom, and pro. The studio line drums are matte black finish. The custom and pro are laquer finishes. All 3 drums play the same. There are more differences when you purchase the actual kits together, but for just purchasing pads separately the color is the only difference between them.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I'm planning on going with a Hart GigaPro set with the TD-10 module. I like the Hart pads better, but I do have some concerns:

                          1) How loud are the ECII cymbals (with and without the gum rubber), especially the metal HH and Ride? I live in a townhome and will play in the basement. Will the neighbors hear? Try to give me a sound that is of comparable volume so I can test for myself. Are they louder than Roland's PD-7s and 9s?

                          2) It sounds as if the Hart pads and cyms are compatible with the TD-10, however, as szvook stated, not always. How can I be sure?

                          3) How heavey duty is the Hartware? What is the piping made of? Are the clamps as good as Gibralters? Do the clamps open for easy removal? How does the whole thing compare to the Gibralter Road Series racks?
                          - andy

                          Hart Dynamics ZigaPro Kit (6.4 w/ many extras)

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            By the way. Regarding the above post, I'm getting the Giga Pro X (with the Series X pads) and double mesh heads.
                            - andy

                            Hart Dynamics ZigaPro Kit (6.4 w/ many extras)

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by drewdrum:
                              I'm planning on going with a Hart GigaPro set with the TD-10 module. I like the Hart pads better, but I do have some concerns:

                              1) How loud are the ECII cymbals (with and without the gum rubber), especially the metal HH and Ride? I live in a townhome and will play in the basement. Will the neighbors hear? Try to give me a sound that is of comparable volume so I can test for myself. Are they louder than Roland's PD-7s and 9s?

                              2) It sounds as if the Hart pads and cyms are compatible with the TD-10, however, as szvook stated, not always. How can I be sure?

                              3) How heavey duty is the Hartware? What is the piping made of? Are the clamps as good as Gibralters? Do the clamps open for easy removal? How does the whole thing compare to the Gibralter Road Series racks?

                              1) You should be fine in your townhome in the basement. They are louder... Take your drum stick and hit a hard surface, like a table top. That is what it sounds like.

                              2) Completley compatable

                              3) The Hartware is the best out, IMHO. Professional quality stuff... My rack does not move a bit. The clamps are top notch.

                              I absolutley love my kit, and would not change a thing...

                              picture: http://www.systolic-usa.com/kit.jpg
                              My Hart Dynamics GigaPro (vintage 1999)

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X