Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Question for szvook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for szvook

I have the bbe 882 for my bass drum and snare. I just ordered the Aphex aural exciter, ($99 on special at musicians friend). My question is, Should I use this for my toms and cymbals or should I use the 882 for toms and cymbals and the aphex for bass and snare. I noticed you had the same set up so I thought you may have some suggestions.

Thanks for your time.

Kurt
    Kurt

Pearl drums converted with hart adc, roland kd7's, pd 120 for snare, various roland rubber pads, hart e cymbals and pads, td8, td6, 2 mackie srm450s and mackie sub. mackie sr 24-4 mixer........and always growing.

Good step in the right direction rudi-mint!

What Aphex Aural Exciter did you get?

I would recommend keeping the BBE 882 for the kick and snare and use the Aphex for the toms and cymbals and try it that way first. If the response is not to your liking, switch the BBE & Aphex around and give that a shot. The response will rely on what Aphex Aural Exciter model you have.

The best thing about having a few outboard signal processors is the way you can switch them around and get a feel for the best scenario. You can even chain them together so the kick would to one channel of the BEE and the toms and cymbals would go to the other channel of the BBE and the use the Aphex for the rest.

Just try a few ways for the hell of it and Ií am sure you will find a good result to suit your needs.

------------------
    szvook
    Studio

Comment

Thanks szvook! I have the Aural Exiter type C2 with big bottem model 104. I was surfing musicians friend last nite and they had it on special for $99 that was priced down from $199, so I had to jump on it. The next item on my wish list is the Digitech studio quad 4. It is a 4 channel efx processor. Have you any experience with this model if so I would appreciate you thoughts on it.

Thanks again.

Kurt
      Kurt

Pearl drums converted with hart adc, roland kd7's, pd 120 for snare, various roland rubber pads, hart e cymbals and pads, td8, td6, 2 mackie srm450s and mackie sub. mackie sr 24-4 mixer........and always growing.

Comment

Hey rudi-mint,

Since you are getting the Aural Exciter type C2, I would recommend using it for the toms & cymbals, for better high-end definition. The BBE seems to have better low-end definition, so the kick and snare would work better with the BBE.
        But try any combination that you like, my response is based on my needs and my application coinciding with my music type.

I have not had any experience with the Quad4, but I heard good things about it from a few sound engineers that have used it.
        Itís a good unit to use in conjunction with the Vís and will give you more than you might need.

The Quad4 features 4 completely independent inputs and outputs that give you the power of four independent mono processors or two true stereo processors.
        Plus the power to process two true stereo sources simultaneously without sacrificing control and the combination of effects in any order is great to have and use.

Man, I envy you right now !!!
        I remember when I got my first few outboard pieces of gear and how that investment changed the way the Vís sounded and performed and how I felt at that time about the edrums.

I wish you the best results in what Ií am sure is to follow.

Sincerely.

------------------
        szvook
        Studio

Comment

I have the DigiTech Studio Quad and Studio Quad V2, and I plan on replacing them with the tc electronic M-One. The DigiTech's are just unbearably noisy to my ears, especially if you dial up any pitch, chorus, or flange effects. Having said that, I think it also has a lot of cool features, mainly the routing configurations and the surprisingly high quality of even the "quarter" effects. If you can do something about the noise of these things (and believe me, I've tried), the DigiTechs are a steal.....
          TD-30 / SPD-SX

Comment

Mick, szvook thanks for the info.

szvook: I just got back from band practice and my second outing with the BBE, and I still cannot believe the difference. You are right it is a must have item.

Thanks again

Kurt
            Kurt

Comment

Drum on my e-brother, drum on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
              szvook
              Studio

Comment

Working...
              X