Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Dirty Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dirty Pictures

http://www.civichelicopters.com/other/Kit11.jpg
    http://www.civichelicopters.com/other/Kit12.jpg

For you guys who had requested pictures of my kit after it was complete(never complete), here they are. After looking at them, please, let me explain my method to this madness. Yes there are 3 modules. I ended up holding on to the 2 TD-10s. One has a TDW-1, one doesn't. I MIDIed the 2 10s together so that I could have quick access to the expanded as well as original kits. Because of the price of the two modules,I was able to justify the overkill. Not to mention it works real nice. The third module, DM-5,(thanks Dana) is used to pick up the additional triggers. The Multi-pad,lowest tom,1 crash and 1 splash are hooked into it. Why not just use the second TD-10? I had it like this and was running into conflicting problems between the main controller triggering the second, and when the second module should trigger independently. No big deal. Seems like I had money to burn but actually, after the purchase of the two TD-10s, two TDW-1s and the DM-5 I was in the hole for $1475.00. Nothing was stolen, all except the DM-5 are under warranty. For you christen guys, live by your words:"Ask and you shall recieve" A couple of good decent folks in very high positions are the ones to thank. Back on to the subject. After useing the BX hi-hat pad as the trigger, I began to think that it was a little noisy and rigid. Just a preferance. So I decided to use the H-hammer as the hi hat. Much quieter although it has developed my appreciation for accuracy. The hi hat trigger, I am using for the side stick sound. I have yet to get the snare to accuratly produce it only when wanted. I should have sent the snare back but being somewhat of a passive guy, I just worked around it. No logic to this I know but the other pad worked out fine. Besides the 5 tom sounds, from left to right the cymbals are a Woo Han, Ride, 18" crash, 10" splash, 16"crash, multi pad, and 8"splash. The multi pad, top to bottom, left to right is Lo-timbale,cow-bell,Hi-timbale,Hi-woodblock, Lo-woodblock,Foot switch for tapping through kits. Of course this could all change by tonight. Each module is running down a seperate pipe to a Studiomaster Logic Twelve Mixer(thanks Riksmusic.com) and into a homebuilt P-III PC with an Echo Mia sound card for recording. There is also a little unit between the middle two toms some of you may be familiar with. I fell across this little gem browsing the web and was amazed. If any of you have never seen one you need to check this out.www.drumperfect.com I have this sweety in line with the H-Hammer pad and man does it keep me honest to playing steady time. Check out there page. Chris is about the most attentive, caring salesperson\tech support\shipper I have ever known. Definetly, well worth the money.

Because, this is not suppose to be a speech torn from the grammy awards, I will make this brief: You guys who gave me advice and suggestions(you know who you are),thanks. It has been quite an adventure getting this rig up and running. And as a result from your help it is nothing more then very sweet! After getting familiar with the kit, I ran up some drums with a Dave Weckl minus drums disk. Very cool. Nothing personal Dave, you are still the master. Any questions to the method of this madness,please feel free to ask. Comments about how I seem to be a spoiled little brat with to much money may be avoided. I'm a 40 year old brat who came off the streets and worked real hard to do well for my family and I. (picture on left wall. not the baby picture This time the correct way.
    God bless,
    Kyle

[This message has been edited by Sky10 (edited March 25, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Sky10 (edited March 25, 2001).]
    Kyle Davids
    Lefty's Hip Pocket
    My Inspiration

Nice setup!

[This message has been edited by rudi-mint (edited March 25, 2001).]
    Kurt

Pearl drums converted with hart adc, roland kd7's, pd 120 for snare, various roland rubber pads, hart e cymbals and pads, td8, td6, 2 mackie srm450s and mackie sub. mackie sr 24-4 mixer........and always growing.

Comment

Very nice setup...where did you get the picture of the kif playing drums...I want one! Thanks

Comment

Isn't that great!
        I saw it behind a desk at work in this guy's office asked if I could have it. My wife had it all framed up. Near the bottom it has the name Keith Baker on it. Not sure who that is?
        Kyle
        Kyle Davids
        Lefty's Hip Pocket
        My Inspiration

Comment

One heck of a kit Kyle!,
          If I had any idea of what you did to get this up & running I'd be flying helicopters as well!.
          Under $1,500.00 for (3) modules is indeed a great purchase .... but it looks like you have over $15,000.00 in cables!.
          Sure hope you documented your set-up like all good drum techs.
          Super Kit!
          Dana

Comment

http://www.imageexchange.com/artists/baker.shtml

------------------
            \oo/_ _\oo/

[This message has been edited by rus (edited March 29, 2001).]
            \oo/_ :mad: _\oo/

Comment

Well, there you have it. Learned somthing new today. Thanks for the info Rus.
              I hear ya on the documenting, Dana. Kinda funny. When I finally started hooking it up, my wife was right behind me labeling them as fast as I could plug them in. Low and behold, it actually worked.
              Thanks pal,
              Kyle
              Kyle Davids
              Lefty's Hip Pocket
              My Inspiration

Comment

Hi Sky10

Nice setup! By the way, are you a helicopter pilot? I fly helicopters here in Norway, mostly offshore flying for the oil industry. I fly Eurocopter Super Puma MkII and Sikorsky S-76C+.

Vandal

Comment

Do RC helicoptors count?? I've done that... to me hovering an rc heli is like taking a flat board with a marble on it and holding that marble centered on the board...while sticking it out the window if your car driving 80mph on a windy day.

Erik

Comment

Hi Vandal,
                    Yes, I fly for ABC news in San Diego. But nothing as big as you fly. That is very cool. Is it Helicopter Services who you fly for? I commend you on the trecherous conditions you work in. How long have you been flying the North Sea? I've been with news for 9 years. Definetly the cake job. But that Puma has got to be a blast.
                    Drop me an Email: [email protected]
                    Would love to BS helos with ya.
                    Thanks,
                    Kyle
                    Kyle Davids
                    Lefty's Hip Pocket
                    My Inspiration

Comment

Anybody interested in my bicycle?
                      Music was my first love...

Comment

Originally posted by MPCman: