Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Hart Ecymbal with Duroplate mirror finish???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hart Ecymbal with Duroplate mirror finish???

As as guess you can tell by now I am interested in trying some of these Hart products, but no one in my area has them so I have to keep asking you guys for help. Thanks again.

Does anyone here have or have tried the Hart Ecymbal 12" with Duroplate mirror finish? How are these. Good response? Are the quiet or lound when you hit them (I live in an appartment). Do they work well with the TD-10? Anyhelp again would be great. Thanks,
    Jason
    :rolleyes:

I have the 14" hart plastic cymbals and they work great. I have the td-8 though. The feel like a real crash, because they come stock with an aquarian spring. They are a tiny bit louder than the pd 7 but not much. They kind of sound like hitting a fresbie with a stick, but more of a high pitched sound. I love my hart cymbals, they look,feel, and trigger great and they are not very expensive.

Kurt
    Kurt

Pearl drums converted with hart adc, roland kd7's, pd 120 for snare, various roland rubber pads, hart e cymbals and pads, td8, td6, 2 mackie srm450s and mackie sub. mackie sr 24-4 mixer........and always growing.

Comment

I have the chokeable 14's,and I use the td-10.
      Awsome. I have great response to them,very damn close to acoustic.
      The noise level is less then the pd-5 or pd-7 you are currently using. Your nieghbors won't even know you got new cynbals unless you use an amp.
      another thing about them,I use accupads as well as all hart cymbals.(hh,ride,splash,crashes)Recently,A firend of mine,also a drummer,commented on the look and sound of my kit at a gig we were doing. He said he liked the pads and how the kit sounded,then he asked what brand of cymbals I was using,I told him Hart. He thought they were accoustic cymbals.2 hours of watching and listening ,he was unaware of this and the man is 1 incredible drummer! A whole hell of a lot better then me or anyone else in the area.So,you're getting the best of both worlds,great preformance and looks.
      hth.

Comment

Originally posted by Jgel:
        As as guess you can tell by now I am interested in trying some of these Hart products, but no one in my area has them so I have to keep asking you guys for help. Thanks again.

Does anyone here have or have tried the Hart Ecymbal 12" with Duroplate mirror finish? How are these. Good response? Are the quiet or lound when you hit them (I live in an appartment). Do they work well with the TD-10? Anyhelp again would be great. Thanks,
        Jason
        I have both 12" hihat, 9",14" crash 16"ride,
        no regret for buying these and I will never mount PD-7/9 for cymbals again!

I think it is not louder than PD-7/9, with no triggering problem too!

the Hi-hat is a little bit louder....but I think placing some pieces of rubber between the hats can reduce the noise, I will test it tomorrow~~~

[This message has been edited by drummercat (edited April 03, 2001).]

Comment

Hart Ecymbal Crash problems with TD-10

I have a Hart Giga Pro and TD-10 exp (this kit has the chokeable ecymbals with the springs). It is almost impossible to get them to trigger. The only way I get any sound out of them is to strike the cymbal directly over the trigger. If you set up the cymbal this way, you can't choke it. Any suggestions?? The Hart website says that the stock settings are the same for the ecymbals.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by bobcamphaus View Post
            I have a Hart Giga Pro and TD-10 exp (this kit has the chokeable ecymbals with the springs). It is almost impossible to get them to trigger. The only way I get any sound out of them is to strike the cymbal directly over the trigger. If you set up the cymbal this way, you can't choke it. Any suggestions?? The Hart website says that the stock settings are the same for the ecymbals.

Thanks
            Have you turned up the sensitivity??

Comment

Do you have trigger types set to those in the pad type column of the Hart settings chart?

TD-10 Expanded settings for all Hart products

Bruce

Comment

Plastic Hart ECIIs...well, what can I tell you. you can get them for pretty good prices these days. In terms of response, they trigger well and are fully compatible with any Roland module. I only have one plastic Hart left and that is my 10" splash as I have either replaced them with the metal ECIIs or Smartriggers (which I have regretted for the most part - Smartriggers that is, not the metal ECIIs...those are brilliant). There were a couple of things about them I personally didn't like. Keep in mind these are personal preferences. To me, they make this annoying THWACK sound when you strike them versus the dull thud you get with the metals. To my ear, they were somewhat louder, but that can be mitigated with the addition of a muting pad. Also, the gold plating on the edges on mine did not stay there after heavy use. Other than that, they played well. I liked my metals a lot better though.
                TD-12; TD-6V; FD-8; Hart Pro Toms, Snare, Bass; ECII hihat, crashes, splash & ride; Smartrigger crashes & china; Hart Hammer Pad; Pintech Dingbat; Iron Cobra double-bass.

"I never play the same thing twice...sometimes because I simply can't remember it." - John Paul Jones

Comment

Originally posted by Fullback32 View Post
                  Plastic Hart ECIIs...well, what can I tell you. you can get them for pretty good prices these days. In terms of response, they trigger well and are fully compatible with any Roland module. I only have one plastic Hart left and that is my 10" splash as I have either replaced them with the metal ECIIs or Smartriggers (which I have regretted for the most part - Smartriggers that is, not the metal ECIIs...those are brilliant). There were a couple of things about them I personally didn't like. Keep in mind these are personal preferences. To me, they make this annoying THWACK sound when you strike them versus the dull thud you get with the metals. To my ear, they were somewhat louder, but that can be mitigated with the addition of a muting pad. Also, the gold plating on the edges on mine did not stay there after heavy use. Other than that, they played well. I liked my metals a lot better though.
                  I agree all ..and will add..

Most people have no trouble with the older polymer ECII's as far as triggering goes. I was never able to get mine set right.. I played with them constantly and never found that "Eureka" spot.

E
                  - your source for electronic cigs. Use coupon code "" for 10% off every order!!!

Comment

I had a bad cable on my crash, so that issue has been resolved with the poor triggering. I will admit that these are my least favorite part of the kit. I think the hi-hat and ride are excellent, but the crash cymbals don't feel all that great. The spring mounts do help a lot with the feel though. Mine don't have the rubber pads and are rather loud to tap, but I think most have the pad built in.

Comment

Zildjian makes cymbals mutes that some report work well on the plastic Harts for dampening the THWACK. The metal Harts all have a pad on them already.

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.c...ack?sku=444388
                      TD-12; TD-6V; FD-8; Hart Pro Toms, Snare, Bass; ECII hihat, crashes, splash & ride; Smartrigger crashes & china; Hart Hammer Pad; Pintech Dingbat; Iron Cobra double-bass.

"I never play the same thing twice...sometimes because I simply can't remember it." - John Paul Jones

Comment

A number of companies make mutes so yeah, as FB suggested, you can buy somebody's and they'll minimize the THWACK.

The Pintech PC line of cymbals are essentially like this, plastic discs with a really nice, cushy rubber pad. Keep in mind that the rubber pad *does* affect triggering and it might not be to your liking.

Kit Toys has an integrated "rubber section" on their cymbals. Not as quiet as the PCs but definitely looks cooler.

www.myspace.com/rubberuniverse
                        TD-12, DTX502, SD1000, EZDrummer, Diamond Drum 12" snare, S1000 toms/cymbals/kick, PCY10/100/135/155, CY-5/14, Hart Ride, Hart Acupad 8" kick, Epedal Pro II, Concept 1 pads/cymbals, SD1000 & Roland V Sessions racks, PD-7, Kit Toy 10" splash, DMPad ride, SamplePad, PerformancePad Pro

Comment

Working...
                        X