Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Buying V customs (TD-8)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying V customs (TD-8)

I am buying the TD-8 this week and am purchasing from one of these blow hard companies that insist that thier price is the lowest in the nation. I found a company that would quote me $2399.00 which is a great deal compared to what most are selling the TD-8 for...2695.00!!!

just wondering if anyone knows a seller who can beat that before i take the plunge and play drums instead of eat for the next month.

cheers,
    tak
    ::T:A:K::

I got a price of $2150 from www.fullcompass.com, but that was about a year ago Dec. 1999. I don't know if they will match their own old price. I took the quote to Sam Ash Music and they matched it.

Comment

Wait! Last December was 1999? Did I miss a year?

------------------
      szvook
      Studio

Comment

Make sure you actually try out the V-custom first. I thought it to be very toy like in trying to play it.
        My $.02

Comment

Having owned and played the Customs for over a year now, I would say that I'm very happy with them. It did take some getting used to the smaller pads at first, but now it's not even noticeable. They definitely feel like drums. And I also feel like a much more precise drummer (OK, if I can't be that good, at least I can be *precise*!! $^). It is *much* easier to place acoustic hits accurately now. I also enjoy the portability of the kit: All the pads'n'pedals fit into a big (about 1.5'x3'x1.5') cooler, and the rack folds up with cables attached, ready to go!

I think you'll be happy with the Customs. Hot tip for initial add-ons: a Yamaha PCY80S for a ride (with clamp-on boom stand), and a BP80 dual-trigger stick (for percussion).

Comment

I've never ordered from them, but BPM Music Express (http://www.bpmmusic.com/) currently prices their V-customs at $2195. They'll send you an automated e-mail quoting this price. It's the best price I've seen yet. Anybody ordered from them?

Tim

Originally posted by tak:
            I am buying the TD-8 this week and am purchasing from one of these blow hard companies that insist that thier price is the lowest in the nation. I found a company that would quote me $2399.00 which is a great deal compared to what most are selling the TD-8 for...2695.00!!!

just wondering if anyone knows a seller who can beat that before i take the plunge and play drums instead of eat for the next month.

cheers,
            tak

Comment

I purchased a v-session kit from BPM about two weeks ago. I was very satisfied with their price and service. I dont think it is a very large store, so that means you get the extra attention. I'm also pretty sure they offer free shipping. So they've got that going for them...which is nice. Ask for Dwight if you call.
              cheers,
              rick

Originally posted by Tim Steele:
              I've never ordered from them, but BPM Music Express (http://www.bpmmusic.com/) currently prices their V-customs at $2195. They'll send you an automated e-mail quoting this price. It's the best price I've seen yet. Anybody ordered from them?

Tim

Comment

I've talked with Dwight Erikson a couple of times as I'm contemplating buying a V-custom set from him. Very helpful guy. Also, they currently offer free shipping on any purchases over $50 (and I think the V-custom slightly exceeds that!).

BTW, I'm not affiliated in any way with BPM Music Express. Just a former V-pro V-drummer who sold his set to buy acoustics for a band and now wants to have both acoustics AND V-drums.

Tim

Originally posted by Lonelyt:
                I purchased a v-session kit from BPM about two weeks ago. I was very satisfied with their price and service. I dont think it is a very large store, so that means you get the extra attention. I'm also pretty sure they offer free shipping. So they've got that going for them...which is nice. Ask for Dwight if you call.
                cheers,
                rick

Comment

Tim,
                  I think Dwight is a great guy to do business with and Back Porch Music offers some fair prices. Whenever you're ready to get back into the e-drums I wouldn't hesitate to order from BPM. I know I will certainly check there the next time I'm in the market for some equipment.

I guess I should mention that I currently have no affiliation, of any kind, with any music store. Unless you count the fact that I am now a poor college student because I spent all my money on my drums...
                  But, at least the free shipping from BPM allows me to buy food for a while longer...
                  rick

Originally posted by Tim Steele:
                  I've talked with Dwight Erikson a couple of times as I'm contemplating buying a V-custom set from him. Very helpful guy. Also, they currently offer free shipping on any purchases over $50 (and I think the V-custom slightly exceeds that!).

BTW, I'm not affiliated in any way with BPM Music Express. Just a former V-pro V-drummer who sold his set to buy acoustics for a band and now wants to have both acoustics AND V-drums.

Tim

[This message has been edited by Lonelyt (edited March 27, 2001).]

Comment

Thanks Rick!!! I fully expect to give them a shot in about 2 weeks. I love my acoustics, but I REALLY miss the e-drums, so it will be good to have the V-customs.

BTW, I'm a college professor and (because of my drum hobby) have trouble finding food at times. Soup kitchens work well...

Tim

Originally posted by Lonelyt:
                    Tim,
                    I think Dwight is a great guy to do business with and Back Porch Music offers some fair prices. Whenever you're ready to get back into the e-drums I wouldn't hesitate to order from BPM. I know I will certainly check there the next time I'm in the market for some equipment.

I guess I should mention that I currently have no affiliation, of any kind, with any music store. Unless you count the fact that I am now a poor college student because I spent all my money on my drums...
                    But, at least the free shipping from BPM allows me to buy food for a while longer...
                    rick

[This message has been edited by Lonelyt (edited March 27, 2001).]

Comment

Thanks everyone. This site has proven to be very helpful in my research.

I understand the need for caution on a purchase this big, but i did play both the V custom and V Pro and to be honest i really liked the V custom more.

I like how compact it is, i like the fact that the triggers are smaller and force you to use proper technique when striking the pad. The pro has more bells and whistles but for the price, the V custom is gonna work real well for me as a means to practice in my city apartment and to suppliment my acoustics live.

Again thanks to all da fellas who took the time to reply. I believe Im going to purchase through bpmmusic thanks to y'all.

PS www.bpmmusic.com is not working?! is this my problem or is that not the proper URL??

Cheers from SF, CA
                      tak

Comment

Originally posted by tak:

PS www.bpmmusic.com is not working?! is this my problem or is that not the proper URL??

Cheers from SF, CA
                        tak

Tak,
                        The url worked for me...I pulled their number off the page for you in case you are still having problems. Their number is:
                        1-800 371 7036. I hope that helps.
                        Enjoy your new set!

rick

Comment

actually, i think whats happening is my company is blocking me from certain "Fun" sites...good move i guess...look what im doing with my time >)

but seriously folks, can someone get the price quote email from bpm and forward it to me...? Im going to take it to guitar center today and have em match it...

many thanks and your karma will thank you.

tak

Comment

ok...i was very forthright about what i planned to do with the price quote becuase i think its perfectly normal and ethical.

im new to this site (as a member and user) and i did read almost the entire thread from music_retailer to see if maybe i had some misconception about the tactics of price haggling and such.

i tried to see it from music_retailers point of view and just couldnt agree with his ideas of cost vs service at all. i mean, im doing my own research here with you guys(far better) and ill get hands on review at the store. what am i paying the guys at GC for again? to ring me up?

i dont mean to change the topic of this thread, i just dont agree with music_retailer.

i do really appreciate the help and suggestions from everyone(especially rick).

-tak

Comment

feefer,

i see your point about the no cost for shipping and no sales tax combined. also, many of you have praised this guy dwight...

i suppose i could order it from bpm and wait a week.

hah! music_retailer would feel like such a shmoe after reading this. you guys suggested someone who really helped you out and now instead of price haggling with GC dwight is going to make a sale out of it..FOR HIS ASKING PRICE!!!!...i love it.

Comment

Working...
                              X