Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

V-Concert/V-Pro=V-Twins?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Concert/V-Pro=V-Twins?

It appears to me these are identical x-cept for the color. Yes?

-------
    -~

Yep, the only difference is "V-Price"

Comment

Originally posted by Marc.:

-------
      -~
      Well, not exactly identical twins, the colour is different and the clamps are better on the V-Concert. But apart from that they're pretty much the same.
      "Fry that sound effect, Moriarty, we're having it for breakfast"

Comment

Originally posted by mcconaghy:
        Well, not exactly identical twins, the colour is different and the clamps are better on the V-Concert. But apart from that they're pretty much the same.
        But seems RED/PURPLE KD-120 is much more expensive than white KD-120.........
        except the color, are they same ???

Comment

Originally posted by drummercat:
          But seems RED/PURPLE KD-120 is much more expensive than white KD-120.........
          except the color, are they same ???
          There is no KD-120 w/the V-Concert.

-----
          -~

Comment

Originally posted by Marc.:
            There is no KD-120 w/the V-Concert.

-----
            -~

Yes,I know it.
            I just compare the listed price of KD-120/KD-120PL/KD120RD in Musician`s friend.......
            the price is $399.99/$429.99/$429.99 .......
            just different color will cost these different prices ???

have a look: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/ex/se...=0&FIND=kd-120

Comment

Originally posted by drummercat:
              Yes,I know it.
              I just compare the listed price of KD-120/KD-120PL/KD120RD in Musician`s friend.......
              the price is $399.99/$429.99/$429.99 .......
              just different color will cost these different prices ???

have a look: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/ex/search/perc/electric/01032011140 9205252144025149393?q=t&csel=0&FIND=kd-120

I only see two different prices.

-----
              -~

Comment

i think the reason the white is priced lower is because it is the older now discontinued model. If you click through to look at the specifics on the white kick pad it has the price listed as 429.99... but that is slashed and its a 'web special' at 399.99. Probably just trying to clear some left over inventory. Making it a good time to buy the white.

Comment

As far as I know the white pads aren't discontinued.
                  Robert

Comment

I'm brand new to these things, but these are the two systems I'm choosing between too. A friend of mine who's helping me out (also knows very little about them) said he thought the V-Concert might come with the expansion card slot, and that the V-Pro might not.

Any truth to this?

By the way, what's an expansion card slot for?

------------------
                    Reverend Poppy

[This message has been edited by Reverend Poppy (edited March 28, 2001).]
                    Reverend Poppy

Comment

Originally posted by Reverend Poppy:
                      I'm brand new to these things, but these are the two systems I'm choosing between too. A friend of mine who's helping me out (also knows very little about them) said he thought the V-Concert might come with the expansion card slot, and that the V-Pro might not.

Any truth to this?

By the way, what's an expansion card slot for?

There's no truth to that, both come with the expansion slot. It's the same module with both sets, namely the TD-10. He's probably mistaking the V-Pros for the V-Customs (TD-8), which don't have an expansion slot.
                      As for what the card slot is for, it's where you put the TDW-1 wave expansion board.

Stu

Comment

Originally posted by mcconaghy:
                        As for what the card slot is for, it's where you put the TDW-1 wave expansion board.

Stu
                        Sorry, Stu, but that is incorrect. The card slot is for the Roland memory card, on which you can save (definitely) custom kits and (I think, not sure) sequences and other settings.

The TDW-1 needs to be inserted into the TD-10 via a removable panel on the bottom of the module.

Comment

Originally posted by DJourg:
                          Sorry, Stu, but that is incorrect. The card slot is for the Roland memory card, on which you can save (definitely) custom kits and (I think, not sure) sequences and other settings.

The TDW-1 needs to be inserted into the TD-10 via a removable panel on the bottom of the module.

That's what I just said.

Stu

Comment

Thanks to everyone who helped me out with this. I got lucky yesterday. The Guitar City that didn't have any V-Pro's last week, suddenly got one in (or forgot they had it). Picked it up for $3,299. No haggling. That was actually the initial price they offered, which is $200 less than the cheapest price I found online.

Very pleased.

------------------
                            Reverend Poppy
                            Reverend Poppy

Comment

Working...
                            X