Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

New Guy Needs Help Buying V-Pro Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Guy Needs Help Buying V-Pro Kit

I'm completely new to the world of electronic drums. It's been years since I've drummed with any regularity at all.

After several weeks of doing my homework and dinking around on set at local music shops, I've determined that I really like the V-Pro kit, but have a few questions before I buy one:

1. What does NOT come with the kit that I will need? Obviously an amp or headphones, but what else? I've heard that it doesn't come with a snare stand or throne. True? Anything else?

2. What about bass pedal? Is the KD-7 kick drum trigger that comes with it just a trigger that hooks up to an existing pedal, or is it the pedal itself? I want to be able to play double-bass. Do I need to order an extra one of these? If it is not the pedal itself, what would I need to do to get it to work with a DW double-bass pedal.

------------------
    Reverend Poppy
    Reverend Poppy

The snare stand, throne, and pedal do not come with the kit. If you want to play double bass you need two pedals and and two KD7, or one dbl. pedal and one KD120.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Arriguy. I want to use a double-bass pedal. I feel it's more versatile for moving to other kits (accoustic and electronic) later. Will any of the online retailers let me substitute a KD120 for the KD7, or will I be stuck with an extra KD7?

I've looked at musiciansfriend.com and kraftmusic.com, but am open to other suggestions on places to purchase.

Thanks again.

------------------
      Reverend Poppy
      Reverend Poppy

Comment

Originally posted by Reverend Poppy:
        Will any of the online retailers let me substitute a KD120 for the KD7, or will I be stuck with an extra KD7?
        One can never have too many triggers! I use KD-120's AND the KD-7. Great for gong finales, tympani thrashes, burps and various obscene noises ...

------
        -~

Comment

I would prefer to use 2 separate triggers or bass drum pads, and not playing with a twin pedal on 1 pad.

Hurts too much
          Robert

Comment

I've actually already made my mind up on the pedal. I prefer a double-pedal.

------------------
            Reverend Poppy
            Reverend Poppy

Comment

When I bought my kit, from a brick and mortar music store, they allowed me to trade in the KD7 for credit toward the KD120 that I purchased with the kit. They gave me around $100.00 credit for the KD7. Online retailers probably wouldn't offer that kind of arrangement though. FWIW, I use a double DW5000 on my KD120 and it works great.

Comment

A friend of mine tells me that V-Pro kit at a music store in Simi Valley for $2,800. He's confirming this for me tomorrow. That sounds way too low, don't you think? I haven't seen it online for anything lower than $3400.

------------------
                Reverend Poppy
                Reverend Poppy

Comment

Originally posted by Reverend Poppy:
                  $2,800. That sounds way too low, don't you think? I haven't seen it online for anything lower than $3400.
                  Perhaps with the release of the new colors, the old white kits that are left will go at a bargain. $2800 would be a good deal. Snap it up or someone else soon will.

Comment

I know you seem to have your heart set on that double pedal, but they don't work all that well with the KD-120, in my opinion. you may want to try it.

If it's the V-pro they're selling for cheap, it may be because they're getting rid of it to make room for the newer models.
                    I went to GC and Mars this weekend, they had all the new red and purple ones, but no V-Pros. Might be getting rid of the old inventory. Good time to snag a deal, since, you know....it's the same frigging thing only in purple.

BINARY

Comment

Originally posted by Arriguy:
                      Perhaps with the release of the new colors, the old white kits that are left will go at a bargain.
                      Yeah, perhaps ... but not likely
                      Robert

Comment

Working...
                      X