Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

V-Custom vs. buying V-Session

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Custom vs. buying V-Session

I'm thinking of buying a V-Session, but a statement I read in the archives here ("I spent $2200 last year on my TD-7 kit now you can get the V-Custom for that price, arghh!!!") got me thinking...

With the new Yamaha products etc., isn't Roland due for a new drum module? Ala TD-20 with digital outs, 30 inputs, 20 outputs, 50mb rom, 128 polyphony etc.

My thinking is this - buy the V-Custom now and save roughly 2 grand over a V-Session and then when the TD-20 comes out in 6-12 months, buy the it with the V-cymbals with the 2 grand I saved!

No TD-20 is announced and when history repeats there will be a new Yamaha module first (DTXTreme), next a new ddrum module (wait 1 year) and then a new Roland module.

Also realize: when you look at the prizes and the standard of technique, then it is never a good moment to buy an e-drum. The next day things can be changed already. On and on ...
    So one day you will have to make a discision and buy what you like. No matter wheter the next day a new module is announced or not.
    Robert

Comment

Originally posted by puttenvr:
      Also realize: when you look at the prizes and the standard of technique, then it is never a good moment to buy an e-drum. The next day things can be changed already. On and on ...
      So one day you will have to make a discision and buy what you like. No matter wheter the next day a new module is announced or not.
      Preach it brother!
      Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by Kronos:
        ... I'm just wondering if I should just go all out ... Sometimes the more expensive choice can be the cheapest.
        Very true in certain situations. My advice is to assess your long-term goals w/e-drums and shop around. In the end, buy the best that you can afford. Don't worry about obsolesence. In the electronics arena many things are outdated by the time you get home with your stuff.

With this in mind, the important thing is to be happy with your purchase. If this happens, then nothing can disappoint you. I've been married almost 30 years now. Although a lot of newer models have come and gone through the years, I was very happy with my initial purchase then, and the passage of time has proven that I am still happy now.

Don't Worry, Be Happy,
        - -

Comment

Working...
        X