Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Recoding V-drums via midi sequencer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recoding V-drums via midi sequencer

I've searched the archive and found that in many ways the TD-8 or TD-10 is somewhat limited midi-wise. What I want to do, whether it be the V-session or V-club, is record my drum performance via midi into my computer sequencer - Logic.

Has anybody done this with an outboard sequencer and played it back through midi into the TD modules? Is every nuance of the performance captured or is it a dumbed down version and only midi velocity is captured? IOW, are controller messages, like maybe the hi-hat pedal and chokes etc., sent to the midi out port and an exact replication captured or can this only be done internally with the TD sequencer?

I record my td-10ex to midi all the time. There are very few instances when it does not capture what it should...in fact, it is sometimes more accurate than I would like to believe <g>.

Positional sensing (midi cc#16), velocity, pedal controller (midi cc#4), cymbal chokes, all record into Cakewalk with no problems and are faithfully reproduced on playback. As far as an outboard sequencer, your mileage may vary, but I'd imagine a good one that was made recently should present no problems.

Hope that helps.
    Redbrick
    My Updated Website: https://blades.technology

Comment

Yes, that does help! Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X