Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

pd-100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pd-100

I didn't have much luck with this search.
    Can I use a PD-100 for my snare? Will it trigger rim-shots? I like the pd-80r believe it or not on my new V-Custom but can utilize it as another tom as well. Don't need a pd-120 if I can avoid it. Thanks.
    Got this new V-Custom for $1850.00! Glad I waited it out and didn't get the Hart. Harts are great but I really prefer the feel and quality of the Roland drum pads.

------------------
    Black
    Black

Originally posted by Blacksmith:

Can I use a PD-100 for my snare? Will it trigger rim-shots?
    Sorry. No.

Comment

Thanks.

------------------
      Black
      Black

Comment

Can I use a PD-100 for my snare?
        Yes!

Will it trigger rim-shots?
        No!

Paul?

-------
        -~

Comment

Originally posted by Marc.:
          No!

Paul?

-------
          -~

Marc.,
          If you are questioning my answer, what I meant was,no to that question as a whole. I wouldn't consider using a pad that could not trigger both rim and head sounds for a snare. Can you use it for your snare...sure. Would you...I don't think so.

Comment

Originally posted by Arriguy:
            Marc.,
            If you are questioning my answer, what I meant was,no to that question as a whole. I wouldn't consider using a pad that could not trigger both rim and head sounds for a snare. Can you use it for your snare...sure. Would you...I don't think so.
            I agree. I would not. However, black's question was two-fold and I was addressing each one. Sure enough, Feef took the bait!

++++++
            -~

Comment

Gee, I think I'll spend another twenty bucks and get a pd-120. Kay?? But thanks for your response, Feef. You go boy.

------------------
              Black
              Black

Comment

I'm in the market for a V-custom set. Where did you get a new set for $1850????

Thanks,
                Tim

I didn't have much luck with this search.
                Can I use a PD-100 for my snare? Will it trigger rim-shots? I like the pd-80r believe it or not on my new V-Custom but can utilize it as another tom as well. Don't need a pd-120 if I can avoid it. Thanks.
                Got this new V-Custom for $1850.00! Glad I waited it out and didn't get the Hart. Harts are great but I really prefer the feel and quality of the Roland drum pads.

Comment

FEEFER, where did you find the best piezo spot to be for a PD100? I'm considering getting/modifying one for my Customs. I checked my PD80R a while back, which has the 'rim' piezo directly below the head/cone piezo, but I know the PD100 has a different frame. I also converted a rototom a while back (head only) and it worked like a charm, but wanted to keep my rotos with the acoustic kit!

Thanks.

Moze

Comment

Blacksmith - I tried to e-mail you but it got returned. Contact me if you're interested in buying a PD-120.

drmoze - I know you'd rather do a trade deal. Not sure if you're wanting a PD-100 or PD-120? I'm gonna have a few of each available so contact me and maybe I can help you out. I'd prefer a straight sale, but I'm in a good mood so maybe we can make a trade deal to put an end to this "snare upgrade" of yours. Get in touch guys or anyone else who may want an extra PD-100 or PD-120

Comment

Working...
                    X