Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Space needed for Vdrums?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Space needed for Vdrums?

I won't be back by the music store for another week. Could someone please tell me how much floor space is needed for a V-Session or V-Pro compared to a V-custom? Thanks.

This is just a guestimate (and yes, I hate that word), but I'd say that I'm 6'1" tall and the minimum I'd allocate myself for comfortable playing is me laid down on the ground each way. So, maybe a 6'x6' square...?

I have the V-Pro, and can't speak about the size of other kits.

Keep in mind that since I'm 6'1", I find that I'm more comfortable with the drums, kick pedals, etc., a little more spaced out than the kits they have on the floor at music shops. I find those cramped and unplayable.

Anyway, I guess what I'm saying is that if you can afford a 6x6 square, you're all set. You may need less, but I doubt you'd need more.

Speakers and other mixers and samplers and stuff take up room also, so keep that in mind.

BINARY

Comment

The answer also depends on how width you set things up. I - for instance - am a very tall man so i need much space between my throne and the snare drum/bass drum. On the other hand I like to have the tom toms and cymbals close to me. So...
      Robert

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I'm 6' tall and I have a 5'x6' space to work with. I was thinking of the customs but might just go all out and get the V-sessions.

Comment

Working...
        X