Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Aquarian springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aquarian springs

Anyone using Yamaha cymbals w/ Aquarian springs? I have used the Hart cymbals pads and really like the effect the springs produced. Anything I may need to be aware of to use these with Yamaha cymbals? Thanks!
    Black

The springs seem like a good idea, but from "real" cymbals, I have heard the they tend to crack the cymbals. I'm not to sure if the added stress would be good for electronics. Plus, As Feefer put, can cause retriggering...Just my 2 cents...

Later,

Comment

I have noticed that if you hit your cymbal hard enough they allow it to rebound and bounce around...causing double triggers... but then again you really have to bash them. I use them on some ecymbals and also find them a pain to connect to some cymbal arms... But I think they help the feel of a plain old plastic cymbal...

Erik

Comment

Thanks guys. I will not be buying the springs. Sounds as if the Yammies have some play in them. Hell, anything is more than a pd-7. They are nice on the Harts , though. You can whack those puppies.

------------------
        Black
        Black

Comment

Working...
        X