Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

KD120 vs. KD80

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KD120 vs. KD80

I am sure that some has mentioned this be for, but what is the difference (besides the size) and is it worth it to upgrade. I am running 2 kd7 right now.
    :rolleyes:

Ask yourself if you want to spend 300+ $ to have no difference in sound. Do you hate the perverted beater? Do you want to use a double pedal? Do you just like the way it looks? The KD120/80 may be more reliable, but I think the jury's still out on that point. I have heard of breakdowns in the KD7, but not on the other two. I can't think of anything else to consider. How about you?

[This message has been edited by Arriguy (edited March 08, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Arriguy (edited March 08, 2001).]

Comment

I have not played the kd-120. If it doesn't feel any different than the kd-80...I wouldn't have it.

I, presonally, like the kd-7 just fine. It feels more "real" to me than the mini-trampolines that the others feel like to me. I was having a hard time NOT doing double bass licks on the kd-80. Hated it.

Personal preference. But, I like the pd-120 WAY better than the pd-80r. Maybe it's a similar comparison...I don't know.

You are going to have to play one of each. If you can't...it's way too much money to spend without a good test.

Redbrick
      My Updated Website: https://blades.technology

Comment

Working...
      X