Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

made some mp3's of DDRUMS..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• made some mp3's of DDRUMS..

Hey all..
    I just got my Ddrum4 system one yesterday and I uploaded some mp3's I made last night as I know most people can't hear ddrums anywhere. Go to: http://home.austin.rr.com/musiciansworld/

The playing is sloppy..but at least you can hear some of the standard sounds!

I'm posting here because I know some people will want to compare the DDrum to Rolands V Drums. I think they are both different products, but the DDrum tracks much more realistically than VDrums..even though the V's have some neat features!

Cool!! Im buying ddrums next month and I like to hear these samples!!

Thanks
    to v or not to v?

Comment

Great idea. Why don't you ask mr. Administrator to post them on www.ddrums.com as well. Lot of newbies will listen to the sounds.
      Robert

Comment

PS: you talk about sloppy playing but you hit the ddrums twice as good as I do
        Robert

Comment

And 3 times as good as I do

Comment

Towerblock- this is not a critique of your playing....

....but I can hear more tom & snare machinegunning than I've ever heard on my TD-10. I hope the downloadable sounds are more convincing, bacause in my opinion these sounds are very synthetic.

All of which I find very worrying as I currently have a deposit down on a Ddrum 4 brain to add to my V-Drums.

Comment

I take the TD-10 anyday of the week over the ddrum module!

Comment

interesting...Everytime I play the TD-10 I think the toms sound very machine gun like. I wonder if we mean the same thing? What I'll do is try to make a few samples of just singles and doubles rolls at mid to fast tempos and vary my playing within them. Is it possible you (or someone?) could post some rolls played on the TD-10? I'll do both snare and then toms. Understand though, I'm not "challenging" anyone, I'm not married to either product, I just want to be able to end up with the one that suites my puposes the best in the end! Also, I'm pretty new to e-drums so of course theres the possibility I'm completely wrong in my opinions!.. (it has happened before....once)...hehe

Originally posted by cgrieves:
                Towerblock- this is not a critique of your playing....

....but I can hear more tom & snare machinegunning than I've ever heard on my TD-10. I hope the downloadable sounds are more convincing, bacause in my opinion these sounds are very synthetic.

All of which I find very worrying as I currently have a deposit down on a Ddrum 4 brain to add to my V-Drums.

Comment

Hey puttenvr and Sector...thanks for the compliments!..I'm just a weekend warrior though and everytime I hear someone like Vinnie or Omar or Manu play I think I should just give up!..

I'm going to try to throw together some stuff just playing along with sequenced material to see how the D's "mix" without eq etc.

Comment

Running the mp3's thru my stereo, they sounded pretty good. Thanks for sharing it.

Could you tell me what you use to make your mp3's, as I would like to upload some songs on the web, but am pretty clueless about how to go about it.

Thanks,

Spark

Comment

Originally posted by cgrieves:
                      ....but I can hear more tom & snare machinegunning than I've ever heard on my TD-10. I hope the downloadable sounds are more convincing, because in my opinion these sounds are very synthetic.
                      Sorry, but this is not true. There are NO machine gun effects at all.

The sounds you hear are the factory sounds (1997) Don't forget Clavia has updated their sounds all the time. It could be that you say "the mega drumkit samples are very natural" after listening to them.
                      Robert

Comment

Spark...You'll need a sound card for your PC that is of decent quality. I happen to have a Midiman Delta 1010 card which is 10 inputs and 10 outs...way overkill in the case of ddrums as you really only need two ins for "stereo". Then you need a decent program to record to the hard drive with, I used a program called Sound Forge. There are fairly inexpensive programs that will record CD quality for you (Sound Forge is still a little expensive I think). Okay, so you record the stuff to your harddrive and you end up with a huge ".wav" file format. Then you need software to convert the ".wav" to mp3 format which is a compressed format. I use a great little program called "Audioactive Production Studio", literally a drag and drop operation. I use a somewhat old version of that program. Anyway, thats basically it!

Originally posted by spark:
                        Running the mp3's thru my stereo, they sounded pretty good. Thanks for sharing it.

Could you tell me what you use to make your mp3's, as I would like to upload some songs on the web, but am pretty clueless about how to go about it.

Thanks,

Spark

Comment

Thanks for the posting Tower!

I thought both the Ddrums and you're playing sounded great !

Let me know when you're playing out, I really want to see and hear the Ddrums live.

Comment

Thanks for the extra work just so we can hear those sounds. I was impressed, but it's tough with my small computer speakers. Nothing sounds that great on this thing. You're playing sounded good to me! You're obviously doing something right.!

I've yet to demo a Ddrum kit, but it's in my near future plans if possible. Your effort is certainly a help though. Thanks again.

Sim
                            Sim

Comment

Yeah ! , thanks for the MP3's.
                              I think that they sound very close to what I hear when I play my V's, but more natural sounding. Cool playin though,

Comment

Working...
                              X