Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

mp3's of a yamaha triggering a sampler!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mp3's of a yamaha triggering a sampler!

Hi all!

I have put some mp3's up (only 1 at the moment)

Check my homepage

It's me playing my Yamaha DTXpress (already a bit damaged) which triggers Drumkit from Hell (Drumkit from Hell) using Gigasampler.
    I personally think it really rocks, so get over here and download it!

Let me know what you think

Tom

Thanks for putting up the file! I'm not at home right now but I'll listen when I get there!..

Originally posted by @oM:
    Hi all!

I have put some mp3's up (only 1 at the moment)

Check my homepage

It's me playing my Yamaha DTXpress (already a bit damaged) which triggers Drumkit from Hell (Drumkit from Hell) using Gigasampler.
    I personally think it really rocks, so get over here and download it!

Let me know what you think

Tom

Comment

Oh yeah, forgot to mention.
      I'm just in the beginning fase of playing around with gigasampler (and with samplers in general), so I can probably get an even better result by tweaking gigasampler better (cymbals a bit softer, snare velocities maybe a bit different, etc)

Comment

Wow ! another cool MP3.
        Sounds very realistic. How is the speed of the triggering? any latency problems?
        How about your computer setup ? $$$$ ?
        The cymbals sound very real, I know... there samples, but damn. :-)
        Thanks, Steve.

Comment

I'M AMAZED!!!

And who said a dtxpress sounded ordinary

You have given me major inspiration to play around with my TD-8 and gigasampler.

I would love to hear that again with the room mics added into it, and a higher pitched snare with more ring to it.

THAT SOUND IS AWESOME - AND FROM A DTXPRESS!!!

Someone is going to have to adopt the LAPTOP+GIGASAMPLER+TRIGGER INTERFACE technology sooner or later as a stand alone module, it would be the ultimate.

@oM,
          Can you tell me what the midi limitations are with your setup in relation to the hi-hat expression please.

I would love to hear the Bob Clearmountain Gigasampler drums in the same situation one day...

Comment

Thanks for the great replies!

My computer is a
            AMD Duron 750mhz
            256mb RAM (133mhz)
            IBM 45gb 7200 rpm
            Soundblaster Live

I have loaded 193mb into gigasampler and triggering goes flawless :-) I can't detect any kind of latency. With a gsif supported soundcard it'd probably be even better. In gigasampler you can see how much polyphony you've used, and my max was 64 :-)
            All the samples are stereo and the minimal duration I have set up is about 1.2 seconds. With the cymbals something like 2 - 3.

About the hihat, I can only use open and closed hihat (and that 'click' sound you do only with your feet). The samplecd contains 5 or 6 different 'ranges' for the hihat, the first a little bit open, the last totally open. (and each of those 'ranges' contains at least 6 different samples up to 11 :-), one for very soft playing, one for louder, etc)
            I have tried to look if my hihat pedals sends any midi messages about how far the hihat is open, but I didn't see any. I believe the Vdrums and Ddrums send out Control Changes, I'm not sure if it's possible within Gigasampler to respond to that.

Anyway, I'll try to make some more examples today, but then also with other snares and kicks and toms and cymbals from Drumkit from Hell.
            I'll also try to add the room kit, I'm very curious about that as well

Comment

@om, Now I am excited ! I have a similar
              computer setup,

P III 733 @ 133 f.s.b.
              128 M.B./133/Mushkin Ram
              Asus Cusl2 M.b. 133 f.s.b.
              Maxtor 20g.b. 7200 rpm
              Etc.... Etc.... Etc....

I have been thinking about the Gigasampler or the Unity DS1 for a little while now,
              I just need a nice sound card.
              Dude, Thanks Again.
              Steve.

Comment

*update* :-)

I have added some mp3's where I've played around with adding the room kit. This time I haven't played it myself, but I programmed it with Cubase.
                The mp3's are only 670kb so download them :-) I've also included the midi file in case you're interested!

Comment

Working...
                X