Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sorry...CF-Cards again ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry...CF-Cards again ??

Hi Guys,

I am fiddling around with those great new expansion-packs...doing this it would be nice to have more CF-cards...cheap ones

Some time ago, I bought a 512 Scandisk works great but I think it was a little to much for that 1-8 back up...it wasn't cheap either.
    I saw some threads already, but with other words a smaller CF-card is enough to do the same as my 512 MB ??

In Holland I found a 128 MB for 17 Euro...not bad

edit: found a 64 Scandisk...11 euro, this one would be enough too ??

But my 512MB is not useless with that new expansion board from Roland in mind ??

Hans-V
    Last edited by Hans-V; 07-30-05, 03:57 AM.
    Drum-Tec kit - diabolo 18" Bass Drum mesh head pad - 3 x drum-tec series diabolo 12" mesh head pad - 2 x drum-tec series diabolo 10" mesh head pad - Roland V-cymbals - Roland MDS-20BK Drum Rack Stand - VH12 Roland.

HansV
    As far as I can see, the entire back/up of my CF card is only about 3mb so a CFcard of 64mb is cool..Since you already have the 512mb CF-card on stand-by for the expansion board.....
    And for those who only have 1 CF card at the moment...(like me)
    I load my most important CF-card kit backups into my PC and then back them up to Floppy discs (cheap) and lable them and store them away in a safe place so that I have a backup of set of kits from the CF-card backup and I don't have to leave them in my harddrive.....Besides the fact that I only have 1 CF card, I don't want to lose the info if the CF-card stuffs up and/or/if the Harddrive crashs....
    ie....I have 1 floppy disc with the 2 sets of 50 V-Expression kits I bought....
    Just in case.......

Cheers
    Leo
    Last edited by teknail2004; 07-30-05, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Thanks for your reply Leo

I just bought a 128 MB....not far from where I live, they had no 64 MB.
      I paid 18 Euro for it, so I can't complain

One Card I keep my Expansion Packs...Top 50 Drummers and the Giggin Kits, also the one I tweak myself.
      On the other one my own 50 Kits, also a default from the TD-20.
      So I have 6 NO BACK-UPS left on this Card and some on the other too.

I saved my bought Kits on two CD-roms...have a look, made it myself
      See the attachment (PIC) !!!!
      And I will make some extra back-ups too (floppy), you never know !!...NICE TIP Leo !!

Don't worry I won't sell them

One thing is for sure, its nice to have two Cards

Hans-V
      Attached Files
      Drum-Tec kit - diabolo 18" Bass Drum mesh head pad - 3 x drum-tec series diabolo 12" mesh head pad - 2 x drum-tec series diabolo 10" mesh head pad - Roland V-cymbals - Roland MDS-20BK Drum Rack Stand - VH12 Roland.

Comment

Hi Hans,

maybe later you want to buy 1 or 2 more CF-Cards to be comfortable.

I have bought some cards at ebay (between 8MB and 32MB) for about 1.50 Euros each. Saving me money to buy the next expansion packs!

Greetings
        Stefan

Comment

Very nice Stefan

Would be even nicer if you could PM me that LINK
          One thing is for sure, if you are tweaking KITS you need a lot of CF-Cards

Hans-V

Comment

Hans,

here you go: www.ebay.de
            www.ebay.nl

Comment

And here's a cheap US site... I just ordered a few more...
              http://www.surpluscomputers.com/stor...&item=CPM10257
              I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
              Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

Thank you Guys

JmanWord...I wonder, do you have some time left to sleep a little, you are such a busy man
                Almost forgot, is it still possible to send in my own tweaked KITS ??
                With other words is it still of any use

Hans-V

Comment

Originally posted by Hans-V
                  Thank you Guys

JmanWord...I wonder, do you have some time left to sleep a little, you are such a busy man
                  Almost forgot, is it still possible to send in my own tweaked KITS ??
                  With other words is it still of any use

Hans-V
                  Hans... Man... I'm still all hyped up like a kid at Christmas.... thinkin about my upcoming DIY A conversion kit.... besides... if I didn't stay up late once in a while I'd never run into my buds from the other time zones on the other side of the world.... think I'll try some of that sleep now though... J
                  Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

I hope you don't dream about buying new things for your V-drum-set

Thats the problem with the TD-20, you keep playing around with it...sometimes its more fun then playing on it

But to be honest the TD-20 is the best buy for me in years ....I love it !!!

Hans-V

Comment

I think we need more CF-cards very soon...just saw this:
                      that Top 50 Drummers V.II is almost complete !!http://vexpressionsltd.proboards51.c...2873620&page=1

But how will I tell my Girlfriend...I want to buy another expansion-pack AGAIN

HELP ME GUYS !!!!

Hans-V

Comment

Help you??

man, Hans, help you?
                        You convinced your girlfriend that it was absolutely necessary to buy a TD-20.....who's help do you need!

No man, it's all just jealousy.....

Greetz,
                        Cas
                        DIY!!! www.mosphat.com/drumcas

Comment

Originally posted by Caspar
                          man, Hans, help you?
                          You convinced your girlfriend that it was absolutely necessary to buy a TD-20.....who's help do you need!

No man, it's all just jealousy.....

Greetz,
                          Cas
                          Hi Caspar,

You are right....I can do it all by myself....again, I HOPE

Do you know it all started with a TD-10 Module...but I had to sell it because of health problems (a kind of reumatism) after some medication I totally cured of that (one of the happiest moments of my life, I can tell you that)...so a great moment to buy a great TD-8 Vdrum-set
                          Then the TD-20 came along
                          Sold my TD-8 Module (good price)...and bought a TD-20.

This is a little privat story of my life, don't tell anyone else

Have a nice day...Cas

Hans-V

Comment

Originally posted by Hans-V
                            Hi Caspar,

You are right....I can do it all by myself....again, I HOPE

Do you know it all started with a TD-10 Module...but I had to sell it because of health problems (a kind of reumatism) after some medication I totally cured of that (one of the happiest moments of my life, I can tell you that)...so a great moment to buy a great TD-8 Vdrum-set
                            Then the TD-20 came along
                            Sold my TD-8 Module (good price)...and bought a TD-20.

This is a little privat story of my life, don't tell anyone else

Have a nice day...Cas

Hans-V
                            Well Hans, it's a great story, glad you're alive and kickin and can enjoy the V-s again.... and there are plenty here who quit drumming for one reason or another and have come back to drumming with the V's. And some that might have quit drumming for good if it weren't for the V's.... glad you got that TD-20 man..... it brings a lot of enjoyment J

Comment

It sure does ....The TD-20 is a lot of fun !!

Thanks for your kind words

Hans-V

Comment

Working...
                              X