Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Mesh heads are tough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesh heads are tough

Looked at me sticks last night (wooden tipped) and realised that they are dramatically wearing down to a sharp point!

My mesh heads however, are yet to show any signs of wear whatsoever..... and yes, I do use felt beaters on the kick (can't see how the beaters would ever compete toughness-wise with that mesh head)

And to think I was planning on buying a complete set of spare heads when I ordered the Vs......

Grieves,

Have you considered plastic tip sticks, I found Vater Pro Rock to do well; the tips do not wear out at all.
    Studio

Comment

In regards to the VDrums mesh heads, when they are brand new has anyone else noticed the head makes a small buzzing sound when struck?

I've just started to make a PD-120 out of my 12" tom with the VDrums 2 ply head. And I have zeroed in on the physical rattle/buzz (no module turned on) to be from the 2 seperate ply's vibrating against each other - my triggerhead mesh are silent.

Do these heads have to wear in or something?

Comment

It was more an observation than a problem. I use Pro Orca Loic Pontieux signature sticks, I've found them to be the perfect stick for me, slightly heavier and longer than a 747. Unfortunately they don't do a nylon tipped version so I'll just have to source some more

P.S. One advantage of playing e-drums: I can't remember the last time I broke a stick.... maybe I'm not trying hard enough

Comment

I've had my set of v's for 2 years now and I have broken a grand total 1 stick. I had been playing on accustics w/that pair prior to breaking one though. I use VicFirth 7A nylon tip sticks on the v's, and reg tip sticks on accustics. BTW, I've never had trouble w/the tips wearing out.

Raffy85

Originally posted by cgrieves:
          It was more an observation than a problem. I use Pro Orca Loic Pontieux signature sticks, I've found them to be the perfect stick for me, slightly heavier and longer than a 747. Unfortunately they don't do a nylon tipped version so I'll just have to source some more

P.S. One advantage of playing e-drums: I can't remember the last time I broke a stick.... maybe I'm not trying hard enough

Comment

Believe it or not, I broke one of my Easton Ahead sticks on the VDrums. Hitting the pads resulted in a circular fatigue failure - strangest failure I've ever seen. I now use Pro-Mark 5B Millinium Jap Oak nylon tip with tape wrap, and haven't had a problem or concern since.
            Driving a great song is better than driving a great car!!

http://mysite.verizon.net/landin82/

Comment

Since the rims are covered in rubber, the amount of sticks breaking should decrease.

------------------
              szvook
              Studio

Comment

Working...
              X