Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mesh heads are tough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesh heads are tough

Looked at me sticks last night (wooden tipped) and realised that they are dramatically wearing down to a sharp point!

My mesh heads however, are yet to show any signs of wear whatsoever..... and yes, I do use felt beaters on the kick (can't see how the beaters would ever compete toughness-wise with that mesh head)

And to think I was planning on buying a complete set of spare heads when I ordered the Vs......

Grieves,

Have you considered plastic tip sticks, I found Vater Pro Rock to do well; the tips do not wear out at all.
    Studio

Comment

In regards to the VDrums mesh heads, when they are brand new has anyone else noticed the head makes a small buzzing sound when struck?

I've just started to make a PD-120 out of my 12" tom with the VDrums 2 ply head. And I have zeroed in on the physical rattle/buzz (no module turned on) to be from the 2 seperate ply's vibrating against each other - my triggerhead mesh are silent.

Do these heads have to wear in or something?

Comment

It was more an observation than a problem. I use Pro Orca Loic Pontieux signature sticks, I've found them to be the perfect stick for me, slightly heavier and longer than a 747. Unfortunately they don't do a nylon tipped version so I'll just have to source some more

P.S. One advantage of playing e-drums: I can't remember the last time I broke a stick.... maybe I'm not trying hard enough

Comment

I've had my set of v's for 2 years now and I have broken a grand total 1 stick. I had been playing on accustics w/that pair prior to breaking one though. I use VicFirth 7A nylon tip sticks on the v's, and reg tip sticks on accustics. BTW, I've never had trouble w/the tips wearing out.

Raffy85

Originally posted by cgrieves:
          It was more an observation than a problem. I use Pro Orca Loic Pontieux signature sticks, I've found them to be the perfect stick for me, slightly heavier and longer than a 747. Unfortunately they don't do a nylon tipped version so I'll just have to source some more

P.S. One advantage of playing e-drums: I can't remember the last time I broke a stick.... maybe I'm not trying hard enough

Comment

Believe it or not, I broke one of my Easton Ahead sticks on the VDrums. Hitting the pads resulted in a circular fatigue failure - strangest failure I've ever seen. I now use Pro-Mark 5B Millinium Jap Oak nylon tip with tape wrap, and haven't had a problem or concern since.
            Driving a great song is better than driving a great car!!

http://mysite.verizon.net/landin82/

Comment

Since the rims are covered in rubber, the amount of sticks breaking should decrease.

------------------
              szvook
              Studio

Comment

Working...
              X