Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Who sells Drum Tech Equipment ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who sells Drum Tech Equipment ?

Does Anyone know where I can buy Drum Tech Flat pads?

Thanks

Thanks Chris,

I have found their web site and list of retailers but was hoping someone knew of an online retailer besides interstatemusic.com that sold drumtech equipment.

I try to avoid my local retailers and their aggressive/misinformed salespersons as much as possible.

[This message has been edited by redarrow (edited February 12, 2001).]

Comment

Brook Mays has them listed and also has a low price guarantee:
      http://www.brookmays.com/prod_disp.asp?itemnum=FLATPAD

Last time I was at thier pro shop here in Dallas they had a pile of em they were trying to clear out. You might give them a call? 800-442-7680 The Pro Shop is actually the coorporate offices.

Comment

Originally posted by redarrow:
        Does Anyone know where I can buy Drum Tech Flat pads?

Thanks
        Hey, redarrow, just as kind of a heads-up to you:

I used a Flat Pad with my TD-8 (I noticed you have one also) and it didn't work half bad. I was using it as a snare pad before I got my PD-120. You'll definitely need to adjust the sensitivity up on it, as its piezo simply doesn't trigger anywhere near as hot as Roland pads. It's funny, because I also have a FAT pedal (also made by Drum Tech) and I swear that thing triggers the TD-8 hotter than anything else I have, Roland or otherwise. I actually have to tone it down somewhat. I bought my FAT and Flat Pad from Thoroughbred Music in Tampa before they freaked out and became Sam Ash and lost my business by throwing some rather unfavorable price quotes at me.

P.S.: If you do eventually purchase a Flat Pad, here's a piece of advice: DON'T clean the surface of it with rubbing alcohol like I did. The results ain't pretty....

Hope this helps!
        TD-30 / SPD-SX

Comment

Originally posted by BtnkBndt:
          Brook Mays has them listed and also has a low price guarantee:
          http://www.brookmays.com/prod_disp.asp?itemnum=FLATPAD

Last time I was at thier pro shop here in Dallas they had a pile of em they were trying to clear out. You might give them a call? 800-442-7680 The Pro Shop is actually the coorporate offices.
          Their site sale price is $129. It says these are single trigger pads. Is there some advantage to this over a dual trigger pad like the PD-7 or PD-9 ($120 & $150 typical price)? Better response, quieter, feels closer to a drum, etc.?? Just curious.

[This message has been edited by Boingo (edited February 14, 2001).]
          Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Thanks Mick,Btnk

I am searching for a new Hihat pad and thought the flat pad would be a good choice but I not so sure anymore. I tried a PD-7 (too loud,hard)and am currently using a Pintech CC101ST. The Pintech works OK but the dynamics are'nt that great. I am now considering a PD80. I would welcome any suggestions.

Comment

The Flat Pad is a fairly quiet pad with what I think is really good playability surface-wise. It also has dual jacks for chaining pads. It triggered my TMX and D-4 just fine. However, I just don't consider it to be compatible with the TD-8. Also, I'm not a real big fan of Pearl-type tom mounts (which the Flat Pad uses); I much prefer the Tama-type L-rods that Roland pads use. Even with a memory lock on it, my Flat Pad had a tendency to turn on its mount. I would recommend it for TD-7/D-5/DTX type modules, but other than that........

As far as suggestions for a hi-hat pad to go with the TD-8 are concerned: It would seem that the new Roland V Hi-Hat pad is the next logical step for you. The few reviews I've read on it at this site are quite favorable. Sorry to say I haven't tried it myself, but one thing we aren't here at V-drums.com is a bunch of yes-men! We will gladly say the Emperor has no clothes......

[This message has been edited by Mick Wade (edited February 14, 2001).]
              TD-30 / SPD-SX

Comment

I bought a Flat pad last year out of curiosity and I'm really impressed. For one thing, it's alot softer than Roland or Yamaha rubber pads, I personaly play Yamaha at this point. It {flat pad} has a very natural feel, oddly enough, I don't think mesh heads feel very natural. I like the Pearl mounting arm I bought for it, it's a real piece of hardware. I know Mark Shulman used two of these and a DK10 on the last Cher tour, so I know they'll take a beating without much mantinence. Roadies are brutal on equipment. And they're based in L.A. so parts aren't a problem. I'm having a helluva time just odering replacement parts for my TP80s pads, the people at Yamaha parts L.A. don't know what I'm talking about half the time.They keep sending me the wrong stuff and I know Rolands the same from personal expierence. alk to Glenn Noyes at west LA Music, he'll order them for you for $99 each. I keep teling them to hurry up with the stereo pads, I'll buy 8 of them.
                Drumkat Turbo 4.5, Emulator X3, Superior 2.1, Roland Fantom XR, DTXtreme III, SPD-20 etc.......

Comment

I was tempted to pick some of them up myself when I first saw them. The single zone is what held me back. They had to of been less than $100 bucks or I wouldn't have even looked at em'. They were just piled up in a box and thrown out on a table during one of those garage sale type deals. I would at least call the 800 number and make an offer. If they won't take it tell em to keep em', you never know till you try.

Comment

Thanks Mick, jrcel, Btnk

I could probably get by with the Flat Pad for awhile. I had not considered the new V-HiHats because of the price,until now.

The PD120 seemed overpriced to me also until I tried the alternatives.

Guitaring would have been cheaper.....

Comment

Working...
                    X