Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

New Roland Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Roland Prices

Hey guys,

I just got my musicians friend update and they had some new NAMM products in it. Here's a link for all the new Roland products with their prices posted. Is it just me or does $5000 for the new Session set seem like a lot more than the standard V's? Well take it easy.

hope this is helpful,
    Jeff

It is a lot of money. But the dollar is high and drum shops certainly will go under Roland's suggested retail prices. Just wait
    Robert

Comment

"Expensive --- I don't think so"

Comment

The V Pro w/stand at MF is $3,499 and the V Pro stand is $419. The V Concert w/stand is $3,999 while the Concert stand can be purchased for $399. If the only difference between the Pro and Concert is the better stand and new Purple pads, why is the V Concert stand (if purchased separately) $20 less? BTW, the list on the Pro and Concert is the same $4,999.

Comment

What happened to the $6000 rant? Okay, so if this is being called a $5000 kit, it wilkl go for about the same price as VPros after the dust settles. It is a given that we can all fo to our shop and get 35-40% off retail. I view this intro of new products as a strong plus, a positive. After they have been on the florr, they will be about the same price.
          Roland V-Pro TD20 expanded with V Expressions
          Presonus Firepod
          Reaper
          Acoustic- Spaun drums, Dunnett snare & Paiste Signature Series Cymbals.

Comment

V Pro list is $5000
            V Session list is $6300
            After the dust settles, the Session will still be about $4700. That is quite a bit more than the Pros. Shops won't offer 40% off as they pay more than that. The sessions will sell but I predict the red color will change by Summer NAMM.

[This message has been edited by cliff (edited January 25, 2001).]

Comment

Originally posted by cliff:
              After the dust settles, the Session will still be about $4700. That is quite a bit more than the Pros.[This message has been edited by cliff (edited January 25, 2001).]
              I don't know what you paid for your Vs... but let's assume a very safe number... $3400. IF the Session kit ends up going for $4700, that's a difference of $1300.

The sessions have the very keen new cymbal pads, as well as the KD-120 and the tdw-1 is included... isn't that worth something? I mean, maybe my numbers are off, but there have been changes and improvements to the V-pro... hence the new name, and the new price.

------------------
              \oo/_ _\oo/

[This message has been edited by rus (edited January 25, 2001).]
              \oo/_ :mad: _\oo/

Comment

I agree with rus.
                The Session kit comes with some great improvements that are worth the money.
                The rack also comes with the new clamps that I haven't been able to break yet!

[This message has been edited by ADD (edited January 25, 2001).]

Comment

Remember,
                  2 new kits. V Concert is replacing V Pro. What makes the Concert worth $500 more than the Pro?

Comment

Remember,
                    2 new kits. V Concert is replacing V Pro.
                    Where does it say that? (seriously) I was under the impression the V-pro was replaced by BOTH kits... you know, since they don't make the V-pro anymore

------------------
                    \oo/_ _\oo/

[This message has been edited by rus (edited January 25, 2001).]
                    \oo/_ :mad: _\oo/

Comment

Remember,
                      2 new kits. V Concert is replacing V Pro. What makes the Concert worth $500 more than the Pro?
                      The paint
                      Robert

Comment

I'll pass on the $500 paint. Give me white any day. I think the new colors look cheap.

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by cliff:
                          [B]I'll pass on the $500 paint.

I like the storm-trooper white myself ,but would really like a chrome finish like my TAMA's. I'm still stuck with my PD-9's,7's 5's and kd-7's though.
                          ~REDMAN~
                          ~REDMAN~

Comment

"Let them eat cake"

Comment

If you pay that kind of money for an electronic drum set, you're an idiot.
                              Drumkat Turbo 4.5, Emulator X3, Superior 2.1, Roland Fantom XR, DTXtreme III, SPD-20 etc.......

Comment

Working...
                              X