Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

V-Session kit info straight from Roland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Session kit info straight from Roland

I unframed their page so a direct URL will work...

http://209.144.99.11/PRODUCTS/MI/mi_...vsession_b.htm

All I can say is "Wow... that's red."

Or "let the buyer beware."

Oh, and here's the V-Concert set (again from Roland's site).

http://209.144.99.11/PRODUCTS/MI/mi_...vconcert_b.htm

I guess the main difference is the hardware; the cymbals are still pads, not fakey cymbals and hats like on the Session kit.

I admit, I felt a pang when I read this, but after some reflection, I owe it to myself to continue the quest to get the best sound of of my V-Customs. If I got a new credit card and bought these babies (like I did last May for the V-Customs) Roland would just create a "better" kit this time next year - and that's a rat race I have no appetite for.

BTW, I have an mp3 of some V-Custom work at http://www.mp3.com/christianwilliams . The song "Simple Happy Dream" uses the V's prominently.

Comment

Wow!! I like the Session kit. I do not like the color. But new cymbal pads, stronger rack...thats all a move in the right direction. I wonder about price. When is this being released? The concert kit doesn't offer much different unless I am missing something...
      Roland V-Pro TD20 expanded with V Expressions
      Presonus Firepod
      Reaper
      Acoustic- Spaun drums, Dunnett snare & Paiste Signature Series Cymbals.

Comment

They got a new dr sample that accepts 64 meg smartmedia. That's cool, as is the new spd-6. I'll have to see how much that baby is.

Think they'll be selling those v-cymbals seprately?

BIN

Comment

Originally posted by Boingo:
          ... Surprisingly, I feel like my set is complete and don't have a strong desire to buy something else. It's been a year since I upgraded. There must be something wrong with me!
          I just saw the new ride cymbal. I think I'm on my way to being cured! I can't stop thinking about a 3 zone ride with some give, keep looking at my TDW-1 and have an urge to recalculate my budget.
          Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Man, those cymbals do look cool . Can't wait to try them at the local Guitar Center.
            I am sure they will sell them seperately like they have done with all their other pads in the past. But I bet the price will be high as in the past also .

BOINGO, does this mean you might want to sell your TDW1? LMK.

[This message has been edited by Redline (edited January 18, 2001).]

Comment

No mention of any user upgrades for the module itself, typical.
              Drumkat Turbo 4.5, Emulator X3, Superior 2.1, Roland Fantom XR, DTXtreme III, SPD-20 etc.......

Comment

That mp3 is the best unsigned artist I've ever heard. Man, every time I actually hear the Vdrums recorded, I'm bown away. Very nice. That's the TD8? Hmmmm, makes me think.
                Drumkat Turbo 4.5, Emulator X3, Superior 2.1, Roland Fantom XR, DTXtreme III, SPD-20 etc.......

Comment

Originally posted by Redline:
                  BOINGO, does this mean you might want to sell your TDW1? LMK.
                  Negatory at this time. Need to see price and availability on card and cymbal. If the only thing different is the V-cymbal ride feature, I'll probably pass. I'm sure the cost differential would be more than it's worth. (the opinions of this writer are subject to change without notice)
                  Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Do you really think they expect us to shell out another $250 to $300 for another expansion just to gain the use of the v-cymbals? Your talking surely over a grand just to upgrade four pads? I'm wandering if the new expansion is what we already have and this would explain the C1, C2, C3 pad type settings. Maybe for cymbal one, two & three zone???

Read closely:Note that cymbal timbre changes are dependent on triple-sensing capabilities of V-drums TD-10 sound module expanded with new TDW-1 with V-Cymbal Control.

There is no mension of a new expansion on the new products page.

[This message has been edited by BtnkBndt (edited January 18, 2001).]

Comment

It does seem that the tdw-1 is compatable with the new cymbals. The "weak" link to the v's has always been the cymbals. I had hoped Roland would be unveiling new v-cymbals. Let's now hope they are as amazing as the drums. Since they are listed separately, I assume they will be available separately also.

Comment

I am really going to be pissed if the TDW-1 that I just bought doesn't have the capability of the new cymbals even if I don't buy them. Allthough my trigger set up in the 10 does have about five different "C" in it . ~REDMAN~
                        ~REDMAN~

Comment

I just read the copy for the new ride cymbal and it mentions a "new version" of the TDW-1 expansion board is required to achieve all the subtleies. Maybe I'm reading it wrong.

Comment

<font color=ff0000>red, red ...</font> Where did I see the color was red ...
                            Robert

Comment

Originally posted by BtnkBndt:
                              Do you really think they expect us to shell out another $250 to $300 for another expansion just to gain the use of the v-cymbals? Your talking surely over a grand just to upgrade four pads? I'm wandering if the new expansion is what we already have and this would explain the C1, C2, C3 pad type settings. Maybe for cymbal one, two & three zone???

Read closely:Note that cymbal timbre changes are dependent on triple-sensing capabilities of V-drums TD-10 sound module expanded with new TDW-1 with V-Cymbal Control.

There is no mension of a new expansion on the new products page.
                              Actually, I don't think they expected us to shell out bucks to buy this. My guess their targets are 1)the new buyers of TD-10's and the new kits, 2)those who have not already purchased the TDW-1 and 3)those of us who have more money than brains. Having said that, IF the cymbals and new card are truely amazing AND I could get a TD-10 owner to buy my pads and card at a reasonable price, I would CONSIDER an upgrade. But the likelyhood of that happening is slim - because, while I may not have much in brains, I have even less in money.

I really don't think we are the target market guys. And, as I have said before on the TDW-1, I really don't expect any more candy for us until mid year 2001 at the earliest.

[This message has been edited by Boingo (edited January 19, 2001).]

Comment

Working...
                              X