Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

tdw-1 and the new v-cymbals.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tdw-1 and the new v-cymbals.

has roland introduced a new version of the expansion card as well? In the v-cymbal announcement it says that in order to take advantage of the three zone ride, you need the tdw-1 with new v-cymbal technology. Is that different then my old tdw-1?

If Roland offers a new TDW-1 with their new red and purple kits, I don't know. But you can update your TDW-1 for free !

Updating only is useful when you use the new cymbals.
    Robert

Comment

Hi Puttenvr,
      After a full month away from home and with no internet access I was shocked to discover all these new products, and quite dissapointed with the new version of the TDW-1, only six months after the release. This looks like a Microsoft job
      Can you tell me how can you upgrade the TDW-1 in Europe?
      Thanks.

Comment

I am somewhat pissed to ,but at least the update is free like microsofts .
        ~REDMAN~
        ~REDMAN~

Comment

Originally posted by redman:
          I am somewhat pissed to ,but at least the update is free like microsofts .
          ~REDMAN~
          I bought the exp card last July and I'm thrilled they came out with something new. I look at it this way. What if they waited a year to release it? What would have changed? You still would have the old model. The only thing it does for you is allow use of the 3-zone ride.

I figure the more advances they make in any area, the better the product I will be buying when it's time to get another kit, cymbal or whatever. In the case of V-Cymbals, I'm gonna have to wait until the price comes down before I can afford them anyway. So I figure I'll be selling some PD-7's and 9's and replacing them with the V-C's for Christmas. (of course the TDW-2 will most likely be out by then!)

My plan is to upgrade the TDW-1 when I'm on vacation so I won't miss it as much.

[This message has been edited by Boingo (edited January 21, 2001).]
          Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Well I wouldn't be pissed if I hadn't bought the TDW-1 last Saturday Jan 13th (BOINGO). But I'm not that pissed ,I may or may not buy the new v-cymbals so don't really need the update yet.
            ~REDMAN~

[This message has been edited by redman (edited January 21, 2001).]
            ~REDMAN~

Comment

Originally posted by boismenu:
              Hi Can you tell me how can you upgrade the TDW-1 in Europe?
              Thanks.
              Hi Pierre, long time no see

Are you in Japan again now? How is live going? Do you already have a ddrum4 as you planned to buy?

As I write in another post, the tdw-1 upgrade probably will be free. When I had the td-7 I brought it straight to my drum shop. They send it to the Roland distributor in Belgium (we don't have one in Holland) and then I had to wait 2 weeks. If you can live without the V's for 2 weeks it's quite simple.
              I think the procedure for the tdw-1 is the same. For the Vdrums some shops have a memory card themselves with the newest software version but since the upgraded tdw-1 is planned to have a additional chip, only the Roland distributors (they all have a technicians departement) can do it.

(BTW, the real story is: I had to wait 6 weeks because the drum shop forgot to send my td-7 module to Roland Belgium. But this has nothing to do with Roland).
              Robert

Comment

Redman:

Had to chuckle at the fact you bought the exp card a week before release of the update. I thought I was the only one with that kind of timing and luck.
                Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by puttenvr:
                  Are you in Japan again now? How is live going? Do you already have a ddrum4 as you planned to buy?
                  Hi Puttenvr,
                  Life is going fine, fine but it's going to be even better after I get the ne V-cymbals
                  I'm still in Spain and travelling quite often to Africa, that's why I disappear from time to time. On June I'll leave Spain, spend vacations at home (Uruguay) and after that I'll move to Japan in August.

I dropped the idea of buying the Ddrum because I really don't want to get rid of the V-kit and I don't have enough money to afford a second, and expensive, one. Instead I'll go for the V-Cymbals and, at last!, a vertical kick pad, probably the KD-120. All of these of course after arriving to Japan.

I would like to add that although my initial reaction to the new TDW-1 was anger, after a few hours I can say I'm really happy about these new products (new TDW-1 included) and I think Roland has done a good job.

It's clear that the new V-Cymbals are the perfect complement to the V-drums, no doubt about it, at least until we discover the prices

Pierre.

[This message has been edited by boismenu (edited January 22, 2001).]

Comment

It's amazing to me how many people are already sold on the new V-Cymbals without even playing them. It looks like roland has starved their customers to a certain breaking point. Personally I have a feeling these cymbals will be great but come on we haven't even had a chance to play them. Please put your credit cards and final judgments away.

Comment

I spoke to a guy at rose morris in london where they have a dedicated roland department.
                      And he seemed to think that we would be able to do the upgrade via midi similar to the way that DDrums do it.

[This message has been edited by e-drummer (edited January 22, 2001).]

Comment

Working...
                      X