Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

tdw-1 and the new v-cymbals.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tdw-1 and the new v-cymbals.

has roland introduced a new version of the expansion card as well? In the v-cymbal announcement it says that in order to take advantage of the three zone ride, you need the tdw-1 with new v-cymbal technology. Is that different then my old tdw-1?

If Roland offers a new TDW-1 with their new red and purple kits, I don't know. But you can update your TDW-1 for free !

Updating only is useful when you use the new cymbals.
    Robert

Comment

Hi Puttenvr,
      After a full month away from home and with no internet access I was shocked to discover all these new products, and quite dissapointed with the new version of the TDW-1, only six months after the release. This looks like a Microsoft job
      Can you tell me how can you upgrade the TDW-1 in Europe?
      Thanks.

Comment

I am somewhat pissed to ,but at least the update is free like microsofts .
        ~REDMAN~
        ~REDMAN~

Comment

Originally posted by redman:
          I am somewhat pissed to ,but at least the update is free like microsofts .
          ~REDMAN~
          I bought the exp card last July and I'm thrilled they came out with something new. I look at it this way. What if they waited a year to release it? What would have changed? You still would have the old model. The only thing it does for you is allow use of the 3-zone ride.

I figure the more advances they make in any area, the better the product I will be buying when it's time to get another kit, cymbal or whatever. In the case of V-Cymbals, I'm gonna have to wait until the price comes down before I can afford them anyway. So I figure I'll be selling some PD-7's and 9's and replacing them with the V-C's for Christmas. (of course the TDW-2 will most likely be out by then!)

My plan is to upgrade the TDW-1 when I'm on vacation so I won't miss it as much.

[This message has been edited by Boingo (edited January 21, 2001).]
          Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Well I wouldn't be pissed if I hadn't bought the TDW-1 last Saturday Jan 13th (BOINGO). But I'm not that pissed ,I may or may not buy the new v-cymbals so don't really need the update yet.
            ~REDMAN~

[This message has been edited by redman (edited January 21, 2001).]
            ~REDMAN~

Comment

Originally posted by boismenu:
              Hi Can you tell me how can you upgrade the TDW-1 in Europe?
              Thanks.
              Hi Pierre, long time no see

Are you in Japan again now? How is live going? Do you already have a ddrum4 as you planned to buy?

As I write in another post, the tdw-1 upgrade probably will be free. When I had the td-7 I brought it straight to my drum shop. They send it to the Roland distributor in Belgium (we don't have one in Holland) and then I had to wait 2 weeks. If you can live without the V's for 2 weeks it's quite simple.
              I think the procedure for the tdw-1 is the same. For the Vdrums some shops have a memory card themselves with the newest software version but since the upgraded tdw-1 is planned to have a additional chip, only the Roland distributors (they all have a technicians departement) can do it.

(BTW, the real story is: I had to wait 6 weeks because the drum shop forgot to send my td-7 module to Roland Belgium. But this has nothing to do with Roland).
              Robert

Comment

Redman:

Had to chuckle at the fact you bought the exp card a week before release of the update. I thought I was the only one with that kind of timing and luck.
                Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by puttenvr:
                  Are you in Japan again now? How is live going? Do you already have a ddrum4 as you planned to buy?
                  Hi Puttenvr,
                  Life is going fine, fine but it's going to be even better after I get the ne V-cymbals
                  I'm still in Spain and travelling quite often to Africa, that's why I disappear from time to time. On June I'll leave Spain, spend vacations at home (Uruguay) and after that I'll move to Japan in August.

I dropped the idea of buying the Ddrum because I really don't want to get rid of the V-kit and I don't have enough money to afford a second, and expensive, one. Instead I'll go for the V-Cymbals and, at last!, a vertical kick pad, probably the KD-120. All of these of course after arriving to Japan.

I would like to add that although my initial reaction to the new TDW-1 was anger, after a few hours I can say I'm really happy about these new products (new TDW-1 included) and I think Roland has done a good job.

It's clear that the new V-Cymbals are the perfect complement to the V-drums, no doubt about it, at least until we discover the prices

Pierre.

[This message has been edited by boismenu (edited January 22, 2001).]

Comment

It's amazing to me how many people are already sold on the new V-Cymbals without even playing them. It looks like roland has starved their customers to a certain breaking point. Personally I have a feeling these cymbals will be great but come on we haven't even had a chance to play them. Please put your credit cards and final judgments away.

Comment

I spoke to a guy at rose morris in london where they have a dedicated roland department.
                      And he seemed to think that we would be able to do the upgrade via midi similar to the way that DDrums do it.

[This message has been edited by e-drummer (edited January 22, 2001).]

Comment

Working...
                      X