Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

New Roland Drums?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Roland Drums?

My first post here is going to be a rambling one...

I went down to my local Guitar Center today (Chicago) to take another look at the Vs (I don't own a set yet - I've been using this awesome board to gather info) and see if the Yamaha DTXTREMEs were available yet. The guy said the Yamahas were shipping right after NAMM, and that ROLAND ALSO HAS A NEW PRODUCT they plan to unveil soon that replaces the current V lineup. I said I had been following this board pretty closely to make a purchasing decision and had seen no mention of anything new, but he said Roland has been keeping it hush-hush because they have a lot of Vs to unload. Has anyone else heard anything like this?

Nothing heard about it. But perhaps after Namm. Let's wait another few weeks.

BTW: to me it sounds strange that a local drum shop (even a guitar centre) has info on forthcoming drum kits.
    Robert

Comment

I talked to a guy from a big store here in Holland and he said it wasn't likely that they would, since the TDW-1 is just released and the TD-8 isn't that old either.
      But then it still could be true what that guy in your shop is saying. I hope he is I only wonder how soon 'soon' is.

Puttenvr, I don't know for sure but those guys have regular contact with Roland (for orders and questions maybe), so perhaps someone at Roland said more than he was allowed to

Comment

I'll be there this year. Will be sure to post something here. Can't wait.

Erik
        SEP

Comment

My local Mars was selling the floor model V-pro kit for $3100+. Also BPM music has two V Pro kits for $3229 brand new. The reason for the great price according to them was a discount from Roland. Makes me wonder.

[This message has been edited by cliff (edited January 08, 2001).]

Comment

It seems like something roland would do. It being a new millenium and all. They are way overdue for some rather simple improvements to their current products. So releasing a brand new product and ignoring the old wouldn't seem strange.

Comment

Originally posted by cliff:
              Also BPM music has two V Pro kits for $3229 brand new.
              Now why couldn't I find a price like that when I was looking?!

rus

------------------
              \oo/_ _\oo/

[This message has been edited by rus (edited January 08, 2001).]
              \oo/_ :mad: _\oo/

Comment

Could it be possible he was just (unknowing) talking about the "new" V-studio kit?

Comment

I tend to think that if anything is on the horizon from Roland, it will be simply a new configuration, not a completely different technology. The "new" mesh heads now say "made by Remo patend pending" so I don't think the heads will change. There was a rumor about a 12" rubber pad to take more advantage of the positional sensing feature. Maybe Roland has plans to "box" the KD 120 with the V-pro kit to compete with the DTXtreme. And as stated earlier, perhaps the salesperson got confused. With NAMM around the corner, we should know by next week.

Comment

I could see Roland offering more colors for their kits and nicer hardware. With Yamaha coming onto the seen with their new stuff looking nicer with much better hardware, I think Roland knows it will have to do something.

Comment

Originally posted by @oM:
                      Puttenvr, I don't know for sure but those guys have regular contact with Roland (for orders and questions maybe), so perhaps someone at Roland said more than he was allowed to

They only have contact with the country distributors not with Roland Corp themselves. And by now there isn't anything new from the Belgium Roland distributor (which works for Holland as well). So the only option is that Roland keeps its mouth shut untill NAMM. Only 7 days to go ...
                      Robert

Comment

I prefer the white wrap(v's) over the natural birch(dtxtreme's) for an electronic kit as it looks more contemporary. Different colors might be nice though.

Comment

I prefer good sounds over colours.

(well, actually not true: my drumpads must be black )
                          Robert

Comment

I guess Roland is comming out with an "updated" version of the V-Pro set called the "Concert series". When, I dunno.

Comment

Dion,
                              Any specs on the "concert series"?

Comment

Working...
                              X