Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Pad to MIDI box?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pad to MIDI box?

I have a module with limited inputs and would like to add additional pads using some type of Pad to MIDI interface like the old PM-16. Does anyone know of a current product that would do this, perhaps even just for a singe pad input? I want to use MIDI to trigger sounds from my current module, without having to buy an additional one.

Thanks.

Yes, that would be nice, but I'm not sure that exists.
    I had inquired about doing something similar so I could use pads to trigger my sampler, but to no avail.
    Worst case scenario, you could go get an old used drum brain for as cheap as you can find one. Just use it for midi and not sounds.

BINARY

Comment

If I understand your question correctly, I think the SPD-11 (or SPD-90) might work for you. It has 8 small rectangle pads of it's own and four inputs on the back that will accept trigger inputs from pads. You can set it up to trigger MIDI, plus it has it's own set of internal sounds.

Comment

In Holland ( ) there is a company called MARCEL PERCUSSION ELECTRONICS who has a pad to MIDI interface right now. Please search for MARCEL in this forum and you will find the URL
        Robert

Comment

Cool, I'll look into that...

MARCEL TMI-616, $300, 16 inputs http://www.building.nl/library/marcel.ep/uk/item39.html

Comment

Check Ebay out for pad to mid interfaces, Yamaha DTS70, Aphex, Impuse, PM16 and of course Drumkat. http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI...tem=1403659455

[This message has been edited by jrcel (edited January 16, 2001).]
            Drumkat Turbo 4.5, Emulator X3, Superior 2.1, Roland Fantom XR, DTXtreme III, SPD-20 etc.......

Comment

The Marcel stuf looks really good, but I don't think they're available in the US.
              Drumkat Turbo 4.5, Emulator X3, Superior 2.1, Roland Fantom XR, DTXtreme III, SPD-20 etc.......

Comment

Originally posted by jrcel:
                The Marcel stuf looks really good, but I don't think they're available in the US.
                Cash on delivery is possible
                Robert

Comment

jrcel,

just email Marcel. It's a great guy and if you've got questions or suggestions about the module or anything else, mail him. He takes every response serious and gives good replies.
                  With a bit of luck I'll recieve 3 Marcel pads tomorrow, I'm very curious how they play. And they were very cheap.

Tom

Comment

Definitely let us know, I've been looking at them for a while now. It's nice to see a company producing stand alone interfaces for those of us who like to mix and match. I like to change sound modules every now and then without touching my pad/interface setup. It's also, dare I say it, cheaper than buying a whole new turnkey system every couple of years.

Comment

Hi,

I received them today and I hooked one up and played some.
                      When I opened the box, I was surprised how neat they look and how light they are.
                      What I noticed immediately when I played them, is that they make more noise than my yamaha pads.
                      What I also noticed is that it clearly has a hot spot in the centre (I bet where the trigger is underneath).
                      What's nice is that there is hardly any crosstalk.
                      What's a bit weird is when you hit the pads they're moving. (the go from side to side...)

They also trigger differently than my yamaha pads, but I haven't tried anything with my trigger settings, so I don't know about that yet.

Conclusion, I'm a bit dissapointed by it. I'll tweak some more and if that doesn't work out, maybe I'll send them back. Don't know yet.

Comment

Working...
                      X