Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

bass shaker to reproduce bass feel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bass shaker to reproduce bass feel

I was talking w/ a v-drumming friend of mine, and he told me about a device you could attach to your throne and connect to your amp, and would actually vibrate to reproduce the feel of an acoustic bass drum. I bacame interested and seached the internet. I found www.sensaphonics.com/products/shaker.html.
    Check it out. Do any of you own something like this?? any comments?? Price range?? Thank you very much.

------------------
    Dave

[This message has been edited by Dave-V (edited November 23, 2000).]
    Dave

So...it shakes my ass when I hit the bass drum?

There's no price listed, I'm interested to see just how much someone would charge for that device.

BINARY

Comment

I've seen these used alot by real pro's but in a very large setting/venue. The idea is in a very ("very") large room or outdoor venue you loose alot of the bottom to your kit. Even though monitors are enough for most players, some like to use shakers to regain that low-end punch. Someone even told me once it helps keep the blood flowing down there during those long gigs. (Hey Whatever?) I don't know what you were planning on using them for but if your trying to keep floor noise down (such as in an apartment) these aren't for you. If your gonna be a warm up act for the stones get two...I'll need a place to sit. Chuck

Comment

Hi i'm a aura shaker owner and this is it man!!! here you can what it's look like... http://www.homs-smarthome.com/8249.html
        ihave the 50 watts version and when u play with headphone the feeling of bass is incredible! i have buy it where i work.. in a sound reinforcement company... i'm a soundman!!! so all i can say to u is try it to know what is the groove man!!!

see ya!

Comment

Originally posted by BINARY:
          So...it shakes my ass when I hit the bass drum?
          BINARY
          F'in LOL, BIN! You nutso guy, you! LMFAO....!!!

------------------
          Thanx Much.
          Alex.
          Thanx. Alex & me V's! http://photos.yahoo.com/flexapr

Comment

How do you hook this thing up? What are the requirements?

Comment

the shaker for explain to you work exactly like a speaker the difference is just that he have a weight inside attached to the suspension moving in a magnetic coil like a speaker... so u will said to me if shaker=speaker shaker= need an amplifier... yes.. you have to have one! the shaker have an impedance like speaker. Usually it will be 4 ohms like aura shakers. U can feed a signal direct(signal-amp-shaker) to the shaker and let the response frequency of the shaker cut the signal like at 800Hz or if u want to have better performance from your shaker u can feed your signal via a crossover.(signal-crossover-amp-shaker). So with the crossover u can have more gain because u can decide a wich frequency you wanna cut like 100Hz.. So in this you will save 100-800Hz frequency that u have amplified before when not using the crossover... if you have further question go ahead an ask a will respond!!
              see ya...

Comment

One signal you can send from your TD-10/TD-8 to bass shaker amp is the Direct 1, 2 or 3 stereo pairs and then only assign the toms, bass and maybe snare to this output. This keeps the high frequencies out of the shaker 'mix' improving the shaker performance.

Comment

I use a Clark Synthesis shaker and love it. I have a Crown Macro amp to power it, as suggested by Clark Synthesis. It is expensive but very effective.

Comment

I'm hoping you realize you are replying to a 13 year old thread? Look at the date in the upper left hand corner.
                    - EKIT: Jobeky Drums: Custom 5 piece "Lacewood fade" & Hart 13" Pro Chrome snare. ROLAND MG V-CYMBALS
                    - AKIT: PDP Concept Maple by DW. Zildjian K & A Custom cymbals. Hybrid acoustic mic'd / 2Box triggered kit

MY YOU TUBE DRUM COVER CHANNEL: www.youtube.com/gregthegroove

Comment

Originally posted by Windom Earle View Post
                      I use a Clark Synthesis shaker and love it. I have a Crown Macro amp to power it, as suggested by Clark Synthesis. It is expensive but very effective.
                      You do realize this is a 12 year old post....right?

But oh well........congrats on the resurrecting not only the oldest post I've ever seen resurrected...the most resurrected posts in one day...this has to be a record.

How about re-introducing yourself in the "Foyer" since you have very few posts since 2006...and most of them are from today.
                      8 piece DIY Acrylic, 2x2Box DrumIt5, Gen16 4xDCP, DIY Acrylic&Gen16 Conversions, Sleishman Twin-QuadSteele hybrid, Gibraltar&DrumFrame rack, DW9502LB, Midi Knights Pro Lighting
                      http://www.airbrushartists.org/DreamscapeAirbrushRealm

Comment

I was thinking the same thing. All I see are resurrected 2Box threads all day long. I thought I came to the wrong forum there for a sec
                        - EKIT: Jobeky Drums: Custom 5 piece "Lacewood fade" & Hart 13" Pro Chrome snare. ROLAND MG V-CYMBALS
                        - AKIT: PDP Concept Maple by DW. Zildjian K & A Custom cymbals. Hybrid acoustic mic'd / 2Box triggered kit

MY YOU TUBE DRUM COVER CHANNEL: www.youtube.com/gregthegroove

Comment

Working...
                        X