Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Midi Interface?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midi Interface?

Hi everyone,

Currently have 2 drum modules Yamaha EAD-10, Roland TD-3) : both usb midi connected to a 4 port usb hub, which in turn is connected to a mac. Running Addictive Drums 2 and Reaper with no issues.

I'm thinking if i really need to use a midi interface instead like this product:
    https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/mioXM--iconnectivity-mioxm-usb-midi-interface

I was thinking this device in particular because the EAD-10 has usb midi only, and the TD3 only has 5 pin Din in/out midi (using iconnectivity
    -mio midi Din to USB adapter). So i can eliminate the TD-3 mio adapter and get straight to the midi interface with the 5 pin Din cable. But, this device can accepts combinations of either types: USB and/or 5 pin Din.

Would i really benefit by taking advantages of noise, latency, routing etc?
    Last edited by ronyd; 08-17-22, 11:45 AM.
    Sonor S-classix birch
    Paiste and Sabian Cymbals;
    Mapex ProM ->EAD10; Mesh heads; Yamaha Top Triggers, Gen16 and L80 cymbals;

Not if it’s working ok now. It’s midi so there is no noise. I doubt there would be much to gain in latency but then I don’t really know what that midi to USB adapter is you are using. Some adapters like this are very poor.
    Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

Originally posted by mkok View Post
      Not if it’s working ok now. It’s midi so there is no noise. I doubt there would be much to gain in latency but then I don’t really know what that midi to USB adapter is you are using. Some adapters like this are very poor.
      hi , the TD3 i use :
      https://www.iconnectivity.com/mioxc

Works very well.

Just wanted to make sure I'm understanding all the gear. Was thinking rid the TD3 adapter and just go straight to the midi interface. Not that i want to be spending money LOL.

But as you say, it is working without issue..

thankx for your inout mkok.

Will save my $$$ for either the DDrum DTTI if they ever deliver in November egadd... or EDrumin next year. .what a crazee world we are living in now.

Sonor S-classix birch

Comment

You are using a MIDI interface. That‘s what the mioXC is.

Comment

Originally posted by gyorpb View Post
          You are using a MIDI interface. That‘s what the mioXC is.
          Oh daah that is true. After reading the specs, has a processor. Wondering why was a little more expense. thankx for that.

The Yamaha EAD-10 seems to be very stable and no latency issue that i can see.

I guess i got a raise today not spending money on another piece of gear i didn't need LOL ..
          Sonor S-classix birch

Comment

Working...
          X