Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

V-Club voice request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Club voice request

Hi. Great forum, very informative. I'm in a situation where I am playing the guitarist's V-Club set. He lives an hour away (it's worth the drive!), but I don't own an e-set (working on it, got to convince my wife!) and can't sit for hours learning and tweaking his. So I come to you for help:
    If you want the set to sound Huge: deep booming toms, loud snare-- as majestic as you can get it, what do you use? I've used the BalladX preset, based on the thread about toms preferred by bandmates, but do you have a great custom sound? I know this is subjective, but the level of expertise here is amazing so I thought I'd throw it out to you.
    Thanks, everyone. If this has been discussed forgive me and I'll do more searching.

Well, I just couldn't stand seeing that 0 next to my post so I had to reply to myself. Picking up a V-Pro set this weekend if it all goes right, otherwise gonna stretch for a used Session from GC. Either way, I should finally have my own set next week, and I won't have to ask questions like this one again!
    Love this forum!

Comment

Hi,
      Even if you had a v-club at home, it would take months to discover all the tweeks you like.

Take a headset and go early and play with the 99 kits.

You mentioned 5: Ballad X

As a jumping off point, try
      58: Far Away
      and try all the ones between
      60: Dome
      66: Cave
      You could then then get the toms you like, a snare, crash center, crash edge,
      ride center, ride edge, HH and make a custom set without too much fuss.

diff topic:
      WIFE: use the headphone angle, it worked for me :-)

Comment

Pick up the #38: jazzone. Change the snare to a fat snare sound with elevate pitch. Change the Hi-hat to a Heavy Hi-hat and you got a John Bonham kit (as I do).
        :D :cool:

Comment

Been away awhile, returned to find the helpful posts, thanks fellow junior members! I'll try for that Bonham kit next time I get on that set.

Also, fwiw I finally ended up with a sessions set. Yea! My wife definitely appreciates those headphones, and I used that selling point for all it's worth.

Now I'm going crazy trying to get used to practicing on the sessions, then playing on the club. But it's all good, I had no e-drums a year ago, so I can't complain. Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
          X