Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

And now for my next newbie question......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And now for my next newbie question......

I've done several searches here & haven't been able to find anything on whether the CY-14C will function as a ride on an updated TD8. If you happen to know I'd apprciate hearing about it.
    BTW, I found a private sale for a CY-12H and CY-14C in new condition, four months old for $350. We have a tentative agreement but I keep coming across more conflicting opinions here when I search...kind'a like delving into conspiracies & UFO stuff: the more you read the less you know & the more confused you become :-)
    Anyway, do you know if the CY-14C will do the ride thing? Thanks!
    TD8, triggered Tempus carbon fibre acoustics. Triggered 13" x 7" Tempus c/f snares. 12" Ddrum snare. Various pads, CY-12, KD-8, way too many pedals. Meinl, Paiste, Sabian cymbals...

The CY-14C makes a fine ride for the TD-8, updated or not. I usually put a second ride cymbal on the bow of one. Note that the CY-14C does not have the seperate bell trigger like the CY-15R and CY-12R, but perhaps this isn't a big deal to you.
    Roland TD-20 v1.08, various v-drums and v-cymbals, Yamaha KP65's, Axis pedals, Gibraltar hardware, Mackie 1202/SRM450 (pre-china)

Comment

That's great news! No, I actually don't care to have a bell on e-cymbals. What I'm used to is PD7's & like you I've been putting a ride/crash on the edge...anything but a bell. My only real complaint with the 7 is that it's so small. It sounds like maybe the CY-14C is essentially a larger, nicer PD7. If so, it should suit me just fine :-)

[This message has been edited by drums911 (edited June 11, 2002).]
      TD8, triggered Tempus carbon fibre acoustics. Triggered 13" x 7" Tempus c/f snares. 12" Ddrum snare. Various pads, CY-12, KD-8, way too many pedals. Meinl, Paiste, Sabian cymbals...

Comment

I think the CY-14C is more than just a larger PD-7. It swings like a real cymbal, and you can crash the edge like a real cymbal. It looks and plays much more like a real cymbal. I always hated playing the edge of the PD-7, but the v-cymbal edge is a pleasure to play. Riding the bow is easier on the wrists than a PD-7, due to the swing factor. Crosstalk may also be less of a problem with the v-cymbals. The rubber has a different feel (better IMO) than the PD-7. And to top it off, the v-cymbals are quieter than the PD-7, and much quieter than the PD-9.

The only downside, of course, is price.
        Roland TD-20 v1.08, various v-drums and v-cymbals, Yamaha KP65's, Axis pedals, Gibraltar hardware, Mackie 1202/SRM450 (pre-china)

Comment

Working...
        X