Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

v-custom cable/contact cleaner suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• v-custom cable/contact cleaner suggestions?

Greetings oh great and wise vdrummers:

Question: I am building a practice kit at home and plan to swap my existing v-custom cables out to use on the practice kit. I will need to replace the cables on the v-custom kit and want to know what are good cables to buy for such an application? Do I need Roland cables? Will standard instrument cables (higher gauge) be sufficient? They seem far more bulky and unwieldy than the roland cables....and what about the geometry of the tips? Who offers the best prices on roland or generic cables?

Also, what is the standard school of thought regarding cleaning cable tips and brain inputs? How often? With what product?

As usual, thanks in advance for your great input!

[This message has been edited by mudyax (edited June 08, 2002).]

Originally posted by mudyax:
    Also, what is the standard school of thought regarding cleaning cable tips and brain inputs? How often? With what product?

There is a product that i've seen in musiciansfriend or interstate that has both male and female ends which are designed to remove corrosion and such from your cables. I can't remember the name since my catalogues are not near me, but I know I've seen it. Check in the guitar sections of catalogues, where they sell string winders and such. Should be in that section.
    td-6, pro-mark, remo, sabian, dw, tama rockstar.

Comment

Thanks industrialdrummer....will do.

Comment

The name of that tool is conduct tool. I have one and it works great!!!!!!

Kurt
        Kurt

Pearl drums converted with hart adc, roland kd7's, pd 120 for snare, various roland rubber pads, hart e cymbals and pads, td8, td6, 2 mackie srm450s and mackie sub. mackie sr 24-4 mixer........and always growing.

Comment

Thanks rudi-mint. I'm off to musiciansfriend.com right now to check it out. Sounds very cool! Thanks for the tip!

Comment

Working...
          X