Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Brain in the >$600 range

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brain in the >$600 range

I'm looking to upgrade from my current Alesis DM5, but the problem is that I have a price range for less than $600. I've researched alot on the board, (thanks to the handy search feature) but I havent found any comparison for all e-drum brains. I've seen all of the brains out there, though I havent heard many of them since all of the music stores around here seem anti-electronic drums. So, can anyone suggest any brain that fits my price range, I'm looking for the best sounding module, I really could care less about reliability or triggering problems (I'm pretty sure I could fix any triggering problems through tinkering of the knobs). I've done research on the following brains but I'm still undecided:
    Alesis DM Pro
    Yamaha DTX 2.0
    ddrum 3
    Roland TD-6, TD-8 (dont they sound the same?)
    Maybe even an external midi controller (I've heard some good things about them.)

Originally posted by Mr_PoePoe:
    I'm looking to upgrade from my current Alesis DM5, but the problem is that I have a price range for less than $600. I've researched alot on the board, (thanks to the handy search feature) but I havent found any comparison for all e-drum brains.
    Check out this link....it is a great comparisson table of e-drum kits and brains. These people also have very competitive prices. http://www.musiciansbuy.com/edrums_comparison_chart.htm
    The Captain

Comment

Originally posted by captainbk:
      Check out this link....it is a great comparisson table of e-drum kits and brains. These people also have very competitive prices. http://www.musiciansbuy.com/edrums_comparison_chart.htm
      By just reading what it says about the ddrum4 kit makes me think this chart is very inaccurate.

For instance;
      2-zone triggers: "hat"
      Should be "all pads, with the right sounds selected", they shouldn't at least forget to mention dual zone ride and head/rim triggering on the snare.

Strenghts; "8 strike zones per drum with Mega Drumkits"
      - not all mega drumkit sounds support pos sensing and some non-megakit sounds do support pos sensing.

number of triggers; "10 (4 dual)"
      - 4 dual? How should we read that? Each of the 10 trigger inputs are mono input triggers, but support pos sensing.

------------------
      My Personal homepage - MPCman's E-drum Picsite! currently with 14 profiles
      Music was my first love...

Comment

I own both the TD-8 and TD-6 and I plau=y a DMPro at Church. I bought my TD08 used on Ebay for $550. It has been flawless. I picked up the TD-6 from Synthplanet in the UK for about $400. It has less functionality but the same (or better) sounds as the TD-8, only less expensive. For your budget, you could brobably get either module the same way.

I personally do not recommend the Alesis.
        I'm a drummer. I don't play the timpani! Hire a percussionist!!!

Comment

I think I need a spell checker!!! (or just look up from the keyboard more often).
          I'm a drummer. I don't play the timpani! Hire a percussionist!!!

Comment

Working...
          X