Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brain in the >$600 range

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brain in the >$600 range

I'm looking to upgrade from my current Alesis DM5, but the problem is that I have a price range for less than $600. I've researched alot on the board, (thanks to the handy search feature) but I havent found any comparison for all e-drum brains. I've seen all of the brains out there, though I havent heard many of them since all of the music stores around here seem anti-electronic drums. So, can anyone suggest any brain that fits my price range, I'm looking for the best sounding module, I really could care less about reliability or triggering problems (I'm pretty sure I could fix any triggering problems through tinkering of the knobs). I've done research on the following brains but I'm still undecided:
    Alesis DM Pro
    Yamaha DTX 2.0
    ddrum 3
    Roland TD-6, TD-8 (dont they sound the same?)
    Maybe even an external midi controller (I've heard some good things about them.)

Originally posted by Mr_PoePoe:
    I'm looking to upgrade from my current Alesis DM5, but the problem is that I have a price range for less than $600. I've researched alot on the board, (thanks to the handy search feature) but I havent found any comparison for all e-drum brains.
    Check out this link....it is a great comparisson table of e-drum kits and brains. These people also have very competitive prices. http://www.musiciansbuy.com/edrums_comparison_chart.htm
    The Captain

Comment

Originally posted by captainbk:
      Check out this link....it is a great comparisson table of e-drum kits and brains. These people also have very competitive prices. http://www.musiciansbuy.com/edrums_comparison_chart.htm
      By just reading what it says about the ddrum4 kit makes me think this chart is very inaccurate.

For instance;
      2-zone triggers: "hat"
      Should be "all pads, with the right sounds selected", they shouldn't at least forget to mention dual zone ride and head/rim triggering on the snare.

Strenghts; "8 strike zones per drum with Mega Drumkits"
      - not all mega drumkit sounds support pos sensing and some non-megakit sounds do support pos sensing.

number of triggers; "10 (4 dual)"
      - 4 dual? How should we read that? Each of the 10 trigger inputs are mono input triggers, but support pos sensing.

------------------
      My Personal homepage - MPCman's E-drum Picsite! currently with 14 profiles
      Music was my first love...

Comment

I own both the TD-8 and TD-6 and I plau=y a DMPro at Church. I bought my TD08 used on Ebay for $550. It has been flawless. I picked up the TD-6 from Synthplanet in the UK for about $400. It has less functionality but the same (or better) sounds as the TD-8, only less expensive. For your budget, you could brobably get either module the same way.

I personally do not recommend the Alesis.
        I'm a drummer. I don't play the timpani! Hire a percussionist!!!

Comment

I think I need a spell checker!!! (or just look up from the keyboard more often).
          I'm a drummer. I don't play the timpani! Hire a percussionist!!!

Comment

Working...
          X