Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EQ SUGGESTIONS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EQ SUGGESTIONS?

Greetings v-drummers!

I have just picked up a BBE 462 sonic maximizer for my vdrums. The sound difference is indeed quite remarkable! However, I think I would like a bit more control over tweaking the various components of the total signal. Thus, I am considering a graphic EQ unit downstream of the BBE (or potentially ahead of it...not sure what is best).

So, my questions for you gurus out there in vdrum land are: can I get a decent quality, durable EQ unit for under US$150? If so, what are reputable manufacturers? What features should I look for in terms of octaves and number of bands? I surmise more bands and octave ranges are better (e.g. 31 band is better than 15 band and 1/2 octave is better than 1/3 octave)? But, given my budget, this all may be moot, right?

As usual, thanks in advance for all the great advice!

[This message has been edited by mudyax (edited June 04, 2002).]

I had a Dynacord EQ-2215
    2 x 15 band equalizer
    with low cut, by pass etc

Not cheap, but very professional (no noise)

Perhaps you can find one on ebay
    Robert

Comment

Thanks for the tip puttenvr,

I went out to MF.com and then ebay and I don't see one at either. In fact, searching for "dynacord" on MF.com, zzounds etc. turns up nothing at all. Is this an older unit/manufacturer? The only dynacord products available on ebay are 2 echo units, a remote control and a mixer. Any other suggestions? Thanks a bunch!

Comment

Working...
      X