Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

high hat doesn't always make open foot sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• high hat doesn't always make open foot sound

I am a new v-session owner and when I am playing my high hat, sometimes I'll release the pedal to make an open hh sound and it doesn't make the open sound after the strike...what am I doing wrong...seeing as the v-session just made my bed and cooked my eggs, I'll be surprised if I can't adjust this (or maybe my technique is simply flawed) any suggestions!
    Roland V-Session PL with tdw-1

Hi and welcome aboard!

Are you talking about a 'heel splash' type of sound, just a simple open hats 'slash' sound or the open 'release' sound following a 'closed' hit? (I think it is the last one you are talking about but not sure). More info please.
    Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

I am speaking of the latter...the cybals sound after the release...it doesn't always sound. Thanks for your reply!

Roland V-Session PL with tdw-1

Comment

not being sarcastic but it's probably timing if your trying to hit it while opening and then place your foot back down to snap it shut.if the sound just cut out for no reason you would'nt hear the closed hat either when your stick came back down.(i'm having trouble being clear and concise.but it's sunday.....frankly i won't care till tommorow.
        -i can levitate birds and no one cares-----------V-CONCERT,CY12H-CY15R/SPD-20-XP-60 V-STUDIO 1824CD,DAUZ PADS,NO RYTHYM AND MISC.CRAP 9"HART SPLASH/AKAI S5000/ASSLOAD OF SAMPLES

Comment

Working...
        X