Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Saran Wrap is multi-purposeful

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saran Wrap is multi-purposeful

Just as a suggestion to all of you who would like to keep your V kits dust free.. Since I purchased my set last year I've been using this new Saran Wrap that has a rubberband attached to the outer perimeter to keep dust off my set. It pops on nicely, almost as if it were made for thie V drums. Hey when you spend 3 thousand dollars on something, you want to baby it right? There are three sizes to the Saran Wrap...get the largest size. Also use a wash cloth or something to cover your TD-8 module when your not playing your set. The less dust, the longer the life span..

plus it'll keep your v's fresher...longer.
    td-6, pro-mark, remo, sabian, dw, tama rockstar.

Comment

Originally posted by IndustrialDrummer:
      plus it'll keep your v's fresher...longer.
      I've been doing this for some time now. I think that's why my sound is so crisp.

Yeah, right, me spend time keeping my drums clean. Who are we foolin? I haven't washed my car in 3 years!
      Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

I find I have to put aluminum foil on my v-drums or else the aliens use them to project thoughts into my head.

DJourg

Comment

i've been using tupperware...although you need to remember to burp(lift lid)the tupperware to allow fresh air in once in awhile.....that way when i have the girls over for tea and crumpets my set is as fresh as the day i bought it.without those unsightly stick marks.
          -i can levitate birds and no one cares-----------V-CONCERT,CY12H-CY15R/SPD-20-XP-60 V-STUDIO 1824CD,DAUZ PADS,NO RYTHYM AND MISC.CRAP 9"HART SPLASH/AKAI S5000/ASSLOAD OF SAMPLES

Comment

Yeah, well I bought my set from Amway. I can get you a great discount if you give me 1/2 an hour of your life.
            Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

rofl @devo.........
              -i can levitate birds and no one cares-----------V-CONCERT,CY12H-CY15R/SPD-20-XP-60 V-STUDIO 1824CD,DAUZ PADS,NO RYTHYM AND MISC.CRAP 9"HART SPLASH/AKAI S5000/ASSLOAD OF SAMPLES

Comment

..and my v,s have more crunch

Comment

seriously though, with just the pads on the v-club, do those need to be covered since they aren't as great as the mesh heads?

Comment

seriously though, with just the pads on the v-club, do those need to be covered since they aren't as great as the mesh heads?

Comment

Originally posted by IndustrialDrummer:
                      seriously though...
                      ???

Seriously, you can't be serious about being serious. At least, not on this thread.
                      Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

sorry. forgot. :P~~~~

Comment

OK, it appears I've taken serveral hits from all of you regarding this suggestion. In response I say, "Go ahead, play on your ole' dusty Vs, see if I care that dust gets inside your mesh pads". Hey, when your drums stop working maybe you all could utilize them as a shaker. It'll be the most expensive shaker you'll ever have spent. And when I'm finished eating dinner off my Vs, I'll cover them up with a smirk on my face.

Comment

But dusty V's have that vintage sound you can't reproduce.

Comment

bed sheet over the v's when i go to work.......i poundem when i get home....i also use compressed air(like computer duster)every 2 or 3 days........clean as a whistle,,,and no static cling.

Comment

Working...
                              X