Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

DBL Bass pedals for V-Session

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DBL Bass pedals for V-Session

I have a v-session on it's way and deciding on kick pedals.I know it's
    a personal preference,but considering
    being used to the response from acoustic kits,I'm thinking the DW 5002 AH Delta Accelorater DBL pedal.
    Feels right for me on acoustics,just curious about everybodies personal preference and different ways to adapt adrum feel,to edrum set-ups.

Welcome aboard, buddy.

FIRST POST, EVERYBODY! MAKE HIM FEEL WELCOME!

Hey, I don't have the V-Session, I'm using two daisey-chained KD-7s on a V-Pro, and I think they're the bomb for double kick. I hate double-kick pedals, though.

You may want to try a search, because this question has been thoroughly examined in other posts. There's some great info to be had.

Good Luck!

BINARY

Comment

Originally posted by bozzwacker:
      [B]
      I'm thinking the DW 5002 AH Delta Accelorater DBL pedal.
      B]
      That's the pedal I use. I like it a lot.
      Welcome to the party!

Comment

I use a DW 7000 double chain driven very very happy at a good price.

------------------
        Ted H.
        www.tocsinrocks.com
        Ted H.

Comment

I swear once you go AXIS youll never want any other brand-the stablization of these pedals is exactlly what an electronic drummer needs. You dont need alot of bounce back on chain pedals for rubber or mesh head activities-The consistant action from these pedals is sooooo solid-just go to the local drum store and ask them if you can try one out on a KD-7--!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BOOM:
            I swear once you go AXIS youll never want any other brand-the stablization of these pedals is exactlly what an electronic drummer needs. You dont need alot of bounce back on chain pedals for rubber or mesh head activities-The consistant action from these pedals is sooooo solid-just go to the local drum store and ask them if you can try one out on a KD-7--!!!

Amen.

Comment

funny, the axis wont work on kd-120,and i like the yamaha pedals much better.(my two axis now gather dust in my closet)

Comment

Originally posted by cpgrossman:
                my two axis now gather dust in my closet
                Sell them.
                Are they two seprate single bass pedals?

Comment

I've used a TAMA IRON COBRA POWER GLIDE for over a year on my V-Sessions and love it! I did try a number of different pedals and the drum shops before deciding on the TAMA. It felt the best for the price. I've not regreted the purchase at all. Pedals are a personal thing though. Try as many as you can before making the purchase.

[This message has been edited by fredinator (edited May 09, 2002).]
                  Start Young, Play Hard, Rock On!!!

Comment

I have used the DW 5002NH for almost a year and like it a lot. I prefer the nylon strap to the chain drive, because I think its a bit lighter and faster. I looked at the AXIS pedals at GC and loved their light weight and quick action, but was a little concerned about the small horizontal screw that they used to hold the spring at the lower end. It just didn't look that sturdy and roadworthy to me. Maybe nobody has had problems with them snapping or anything, but it just looked a little weak to me. If you're just using it at home for practice or demo recordings and you have backups it would be an awesome pedal though. I can imagine feet a-flying with those babies.

Oh great Jude-meister: am I correct about the spring attachment on the AXIS pedals?

[This message has been edited by Bagman (edited May 10, 2002).]

Comment

Has anyone really tried or own one of these? http://www.theduallist.com./

[This message has been edited by acidbran (edited May 10, 2002).]
                      The original Gig Pig.

Comment

Gawd, I just read my last post.....
                        I am so edumacated....
                        The original Gig Pig.

Comment

Originally posted by bozzwacker:

I have a v-session on it's way and deciding on kick pedals.I know it's
                          a personal preference,but considering
                          being used to the response from acoustic kits,I'm thinking the DW 5002 AH Delta Accelorater DBL pedal.
                          Feels right for me on acoustics,just curious about everybodies personal preference and different ways to adapt adrum feel,to edrum set-ups.
                          I'd like to thank everybody for their input ! I went with the Axis A2 DBL pedal,but still waiting for it to come in.Thanks again for your input !!!

Comment

Welcome to the forum, Bozz!

Bozz may have already made his decision, but I'll put this out for general discussion: I'm most likely going to go with a Pearl Powershifter Eliminator 2002C double pedal for my Pintech Tour Elite kit. (The kit arrives Friday, at which time I do the dance of joy!!) I tried this pedal out at my local store for about an hour on a Roland kit, and I was blown away by its speed and precision. (After all, you don't need to go for power when playing a Vkit.) I was just wondering what everybody else thinks of this pedal.

Also, I've tried an Axis single pedal on an acoustic kit, and didn't like it. It felt incredibly weird to me. I know from reading other posts that it takes a while to get used to Axis pedals, but people tend to love 'em once they get comfortable with them. Still, that's got to make it hard for stores to sell them. My local store had the pedal marked down sharply because it wasn't selling, probably because people tried it out and had the same reaction I had.

Comment

Working...
                            X