Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TD-50/50X & V Expressions Ltd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VEX's second 50X & DHH is on order. Roland is saying delivery is not until June. Just FYI.
    Alan
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

Originally posted by csnow View Post
      I have high hopes for the new sounds and the digital hats. I am all in for now and looking forward to the new VEX kits. I really like SD3 and all the expansions but I prefer the simplicity of just a module
      Same here. I have SD3, Roland, and Mimic Pro modules and I have not seen a ton of professional drummers using Mimic on live shows nor do I feel like schleping a laptop and MIDI interface to gigs so for those reasons that gear stays at home. I hope to use the VEX 50X expansion for live use.
      I've been drumming for 43 years... I'm 42 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNealy View Post

Same here. I have SD3, Roland, and Mimic Pro modules and I have not seen a ton of professional drummers using Mimic on live shows nor do I feel like schleping a laptop and MIDI interface to gigs so for those reasons that gear stays at home. I hope to use the VEX 50X expansion for live use.
        Most pro use acoustic live with sampler/laptop/spd-sx hybrid. Edrum as main kit is extremely rare on pro, good for trance/dance type etc..Edrum don't translate enough acoustic drum on feel and many things. All sales on edrum are most low/mid budget range. The only things I use live is like spd-sx as addons, acoustic is faster to setup and avoiding all cable and backup stuff, routing, no worried with shut down\electricity stuff from place to place etc..
        Last edited by Chris K; 04-19-21, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris K View Post
          no worried with shut down\electricity stuff from place to place etc..
          Should you even worry about this? πŸ˜‰

Cheers,

Roland TD-50KVX / SPD-SX / SD3

Comment

Originally posted by PietjePuk100 View Post

Should you even worry about this? πŸ˜‰

What I means it's already stress to do a 2h-3h gig without doing mistake, now add electronic parts and extra worries you are relying with.

I had worries each time spd-s was plugged live, you probably never heard of bar or place with no sufficient power to handle PA+ band equipment caused sound issue with electronic gear, also one had spd-sx live, it shut it down and never power up again, here some story https://www.vdrums.com/forum/general...rformance-help
            Last edited by Chris K; 04-20-21, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris K View Post

What I means it's already stress to do a 2h-3h gig without doing mistake, now add electronic parts and extra worries you are relying with.

I had worries each time spd-s was plugged live, you probably never heard of bar or place with no sufficient power to handle PA+ band equipment caused sound issue with electronic gear, also one had spd-sx live, it shut it down and never power up again, here some story https://www.vdrums.com/forum/general...rformance-help
              Hey Chris,

Thanks for that link as that indeed contained some horrors. My initial thought was more about the fact that if electricity goes down it's down for everyone so not only the vdrums will be suffering from this. I guess that when playing in areas where this happens more regularly one should opt for an UPS to allow the module to be shutdown correctly.

I wasn't aware of the temperature thing so thanks for the education on that part, always good to know!
              Cheers,

Roland TD-50KVX / SPD-SX / SD3

Comment

Hmm, yes, this is disappointing. Being at home much more I have really got my drums in great shape with three of Alan's packs and one of Michael's. I've owned all the Roland modules since the TD-10, and if I remember right only the upgrade from TD-30 to TD-50 didn't allow you to import your former kits. And this has never happened before with the same module being expanded. Will the the original 400+ TD-50 instrument sounds not be in memory anymore with the TD-50X upgrade - are they replacing them? I assumed the sounds were in ROM and permanent.

Last edited by Thrak; 04-27-21, 12:38 AM.
                ~~~
                Tom Conner

Comment

I just mentioned in the other 50X topic that I'm recommending ...well, here...

Any of you guys with VEX kits, I highly recommend holding off on the upGRADE until later this year. Get the upDATE, play your new and improved DHHs, and continue to enjoy your favorite VEX kits until we have new expansions this fall. You're gonna be pissed when you're stuck with crappy default kits again. ​ ​ ​

All you VST guys can ignore this post. ​ ​ ​
                  Alan
                  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

Yah, I'm thinking I may do that Alan. And I have to be careful since I'm playing out regularly anyway, I need time to set things up again after an upgrade. I have the 1.08 upDATE, no problems there so far. And I just see that the TD-50X upGRADE is now available on Roland Cloud Manager.
                    ~~~
                    Tom Conner

Comment

Working...
                    X