Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Any ideas on economy with bass drum heads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any ideas on economy with bass drum heads

I have had my Vdrums session set for four months and have blown out my first bass drum head.
    Does anyone know what I can do to save on bass drum head wear, as I am a lead foot apparently.
    All the best
    cheers
    sycle1

IP: Logged
    NOW with New Improved TD-30 Module, some V drums an other music making thingies with miscellaneous small furry animals, large hairy animals, motorcycle bits and a big muff:rolleyes:.

Well, I use a bass drum beater patch (or whatever they are called). It seems to work good. So far I haven't noticed any wear at all, except for the felt beaters themselves. The one I have is an Evans Kevlar patch. I don't know if I have a "lead foot", but I tend to pound pretty hard at times.

You can also do a search for this subject, as this and all other subjects are always thouroughly discussed to death.

Comment

Thanks for the info.
      I will look for some at the drum centre
      I was just wondering how the kevlar patches would stick to the mesh head.
      do they stick on ok?
      Cheers
      sycle1
      NOW with New Improved TD-30 Module, some V drums an other music making thingies with miscellaneous small furry animals, large hairy animals, motorcycle bits and a big muff:rolleyes:.

Comment

Mine fell off after a while, so I used an epoxy glue, and now they stick.

Vandal

Comment

Thanks for the help guys.
          Epoxy is an excellent idea.

Cheers
          sycle1

Comment

Working...
          X