Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Wouldn't it be nice??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wouldn't it be nice??

I just recently entered the world of e-drumming with a new v-concert set and so I have just been introduced to this forum.
    Though this forum was helpful...it is a huge pain to wade through old posts and follow ups to get answers. I was hoping to (quickly) find some suggestions about cases, sound reinforcement, and other related issues.

With that in mind...wouldn't it be nice to see some kind of organized opinions on things like sound reinforcement, cases, etc. Maybe a 'gear recommendations' section to this site that could work off polls. For example, a case solution poll; "What is the best case solution for the V-concert/session" or maybe "What is the best sound reinforcement solution for the TD-10 based kits?" There is no resource out there to find these things out. This forum is close but would be THE spot for information if the information was more easily accessed. Since I know NOTHING about the world outside of acoustic drums (68 Slingerlands especially), I am lost in the world of e-drumming and can use all the help I can get.

Not to belabor the point but...how about having some of you smarties write some tutorials and post em here for us newbies.

Everyone likes tutorials??? right???

What's that I hear??????? Could it be a stampede of volunteers? Does anyone else hear it? Listen close. It's getting louder. Look out! Get out of the way!!!!!

Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

I would vounteer. I can code. Just show me a leader!

Comment

Originally posted by tha_mink:
        I would vounteer. I can code. Just show me a leader!
        It's not a matter of coding, I run a site and use this software for my board. It's a matter of sorting thru all the information and organizing it. Anyone can do that, it just would take an enourmas amount of time.

Comment

Originally posted by FloridaDrummer:
          It's not a matter of coding, I run a site and use this software for my board. It's a matter of sorting thru all the information and organizing it. Anyone can do that, it just would take an enourmas amount of time.
          Bahh...its *always* about coding a new piece of software and running that.

Comment

This idea has been floated and died so many times that I can hardly remember.

It always starts with a fresh newbie, full of enthusiam, ready for the challenge.... It doesn't take long till they are no longer their cheerful selves. No smile to greet you on the board, no mischevious emoticons to make you laugh, no they are long past that....before too long they are telling everyone to RTFM and use the search.

Fact is, it is a huge job and no-one seems to have the time to dedicate to doing it properly. Besides if you hang around here long enough you may just become as cynical as me!
            Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

Originally posted by Steveo the Devo:
              This idea has been floated and died so many times that I can hardly remember.

It always starts with a fresh newbie, full of enthusiam, ready for the challenge.... It doesn't take long till they are no longer their cheerful selves. No smile to greet you on the board, no mischevious emoticons to make you laugh, no they are long past that....before too long they are telling everyone to RTFM and use the search.

Fact is, it is a huge job and no-one seems to have the time to dedicate to doing it properly. Besides if you hang around here long enough you may just become as cynical as me!
              Oh you're wrong about this Steveo. I hear the stampede of volunteers. You had better get out of the way.

Just funnin' wit cha MinkMan. On top of the huge effort required, you'll find everyone critiquing what you say and how you say it. But, every once in a while someone does step up to the plate, so we're not stoppin ya.
              Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

We're drummers man! Maniacs! Freeks! Animals pounding out the beat till the rest of the band screams "shut the f*** up you idiot!" We can't organize our thoughts in some know it all manual on how to do stuff. We like to argue about it with each other until netcop shuts us down. Join in. Its fun! You don't even have to know anything to have an opinion.

Comment

Working...
                X