Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

New Yammy DTX stuff coming in next week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Yammy DTX stuff coming in next week

https://europe.yamaha.com/en/product...ies/index.html

Last edited by electrodrummer; 11-27-20, 05:52 AM.
    *** Never buy a module without MIDI IN ***
    Yamaha & Roland modules. DTX,TM-2, EC-10, EC10m, SP-404. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPads. Octapad, SamplePad, Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Tenori-on. Zoom ARQ. Synths. Ukes.

I am so glad to hear this! I like the sounds that I heard in this short vid. I hope they have an open sound module that imports multi layer samples but whatever they came up with is welcome and long overdue! Welcome home, Yamaha DTX

Comment

electrodrummer sadly no MIDI In, like you hate it.

y1.png y2.png
      Last edited by Chris K; 11-12-20, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Link doesn't work anymore
        DTX700, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH
        Kit Pix http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=613

My new venture, HiEnd Speakers. : voglosounds.com

Comment

Just saw the no midi in! Lets see the price point or if there are any higher end modules in the works or talks that might have the midi in. Kind of doubt it already

Comment

That demo sounded really good if it was the module.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Warren View Post
              That demo sounded really good if it was the module.
              it was the yamaha sound module could not make difference from acoustic drum or electronic, it sounded like vst type and no machine gun.
              Last edited by Chris K; 11-13-20, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Where can I hear this demo?

Comment

Very promising if the sound preview was authentic. Ambience control is a very good indicator of multiple channel sampling. Plus snare wires switching on-the-fly. I expect it is a closed module with too few inputs and limited compatibility with other triggers though. We'll see. At least this confirms rumours were true, that Yamaha is in fact working on new edrums!
                  Last edited by Kabonfaiba; 11-13-20, 11:47 AM.
                  ◾ Diamond Drums 4pc in Di-Noc carbon ◾ MegaDRUM
                  ◾ Roland UA-1010 / cymbals / KT-10 (x2) ◾ Tama / Gibraltar hardware ◾ JBL LSR3 Series 2.1 Monitoring ◾ Pearl THMP-1
                  PA Comparison Sheet

Comment

Originally posted by wavedrummer View Post
                    Where can I hear this demo?
                    They removed the link, it was too much early to show, but full info next week if they don't change.
                    Last edited by Chris K; 11-13-20, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kabonfaiba View Post
                      Very promising if the sound preview was authentic. Ambience control is a very good indicator of multiple channel sampling. Plus snare wires switching on-the-fly. I expect it is a closed module with too few inputs and limited compatibility with other triggers though. We'll see. At least this confirms rumours were true, that Yamaha is in fact working on new edrums!
                      i think Ambiance knob is like on TD-17... only for the volume of reverb!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris K View Post
                        electrodrummer sadly no MIDI In, like you hate it.

y1.png y2.png
                        I think this brain-module on the pictures is the evolution of DTX502...!

Comment

This is interesting news! It would be great to see Yamaha contributing and innovating in the electronic drum space again! I was hoping they would start totally anew, dumping toy-like pads and toy-like sizes to focus on designs that offer silent yet acoustic form factor and affordability. The electronic drum space is long, long, long in need of a complete overhaul and Yamaha is the kind of company that could bring a game changing kit to market. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread and on upcoming releases from Yamaha. Thanks (Electrodrummer) for the heads up!
                          Last edited by TangTheHump; 11-13-20, 07:16 PM.

Comment

If the the new DTX have a sounds quality like VST... it will be wonderful!! (I hope the new DTX will have positional sensing also...!!)

Comment

Originally posted by Mikevdrums View Post
                              If the the new DTX have a sounds quality like VST... it will be wonderful!! (I hope the new DTX will have positional sensing also...!!)
                              From the video it show older silicon pad and older hihat, sounded good, but might be tricky on short demo, need to wait next week, but it look like it replace dtx 502, mid and flagship might follow.They might only show sneak peak from all.
                              Last edited by Chris K; 11-14-20, 02:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X