Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Tip: Aquarian Cymbal Springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tip: Aquarian Cymbal Springs

I am using a CY-5 as a splash/china cymbal, but I was never happy with the way the thing was mounted. It's very front-heavy, it doesn't really swing, so I ended up having to clamp it down way tight, which makes it feel like hitting a plastic bucket lid. But as I was rummaging through my spare parts, I found this old Aquarian Cymbal Spring that I had lying around. Installed it on a whim, and boy, it's perfect for this kind of situation. This red one is medium tension, and it supplies just the right kind of "give" with no (re)triggering issues at all. For like 10-15 bucks, highly recommended.

IMG_2826.JPG IMG_2827.JPG
    Attached Files
    Last edited by monospace; 10-29-20, 04:16 PM.
    Module: TD-9v2. Kick: KD-8, pedal: Iron Cobra with KAT Silent Strike beater. Hats: VH-10 with Tama Swivel hi-hat stand. Snare: PD-120. Toms: 3 x PD-80R. Crashes: CY-12RC, CY-14. Ride: CY-15R. Aux: BT-1.

I bought just one a while back to evaluate. I used it for my right DIY Pintech 16" crash and over time I've come to appreciate how it works. I will probably replace my felt ones at some point. Pintech sells them bundled with their ecymbals.
    Ludwig Accent 5 piece kit | UFO Drums ebridges, 3 ply mesh heads and rim protectors | Yamaha PCY135 on Ludwig stand with DIY hall effect sensor | Yamaha PCY155 ride | DIY Pintech 2 zone crashes with Goedrums piezo's - Myrk membranes| eDRUMin ED10 | Cantabile VST host | Superior Drummer and Jamstix kits | Alto TS115a monitors | IK ARC 3

Comment

Thanks for the knowledge mate. Sounds like a good plan.

Comment

You could also balance out a cymbal by sticking on piece of (heavy) bitumen, cut from a sheet you can get at a car accessory parts dealer.
        E-kit: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vpx92wez8v...3558.jpg?raw=1
        A-kit: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vxkwbj1rv7...345-1.jpg?raw=1
        TD-30, KT10, PD-105/125, 13" DIY + BT-1, VH-11/CY14/15/5, PM-30, HD-280 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by djska View Post
          You could also balance out a cymbal by sticking on piece of (heavy) bitumen, cut from a sheet you can get at a car accessory parts dealer.
          Is that sheets you use in high end audio to apply sound dampening to the inside of car doors etc?
          Ludwig Accent 5 piece kit | UFO Drums ebridges, 3 ply mesh heads and rim protectors | Yamaha PCY135 on Ludwig stand with DIY hall effect sensor | Yamaha PCY155 ride | DIY Pintech 2 zone crashes with Goedrums piezo's - Myrk membranes| eDRUMin ED10 | Cantabile VST host | Superior Drummer and Jamstix kits | Alto TS115a monitors | IK ARC 3

Comment

Originally posted by djska View Post
            Yeah, I been looking at something I could use as a counterweight but I haven't been able to find something suitable. This sounds interesting. I'm only seeing it in huge quantities online, but I can check Pep Boys tomorrow.
            Module: TD-9v2. Kick: KD-8, pedal: Iron Cobra with KAT Silent Strike beater. Hats: VH-10 with Tama Swivel hi-hat stand. Snare: PD-120. Toms: 3 x PD-80R. Crashes: CY-12RC, CY-14. Ride: CY-15R. Aux: BT-1.

Comment

Originally posted by dsteinschneider View Post
              Is that sheets you use in high end audio to apply sound dampening to the inside of car doors etc?
              Exactly!
              E-kit: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vpx92wez8v...3558.jpg?raw=1
              A-kit: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vxkwbj1rv7...345-1.jpg?raw=1
              TD-30, KT10, PD-105/125, 13" DIY + BT-1, VH-11/CY14/15/5, PM-30, HD-280 Pro

Comment

Working...
              X